Sunday, July 27, 2008

Euless Weekend

We have had a wonderful time here in Euless this weekend. The services have been touched by the presence of God, and there was unity in worship and praise! God is doing great things here and we were happy to be just a tiny part of it this weekend. The praise singing is led by "Jason's Julie", and she is anointed as she plays and sings. It was so good to see them. Jason is one of "our" young men from home and is doing wonderful in the church here! He and Julie got married after several years of him pursuing her, and he finally "caught" her. :) Brandon was here today, also and it was good seeing him.

You will not find any better people than Bro. and Sis. McLaughlin, and Bro. and Sis. Benson (Sis. McLaughlin's parents) Bro. Benson started the church 39 years ago and when he retired, Bro. McLaughlin took the pastorate! What a great team they have made through the years.

One of the beautiful things I saw tonight in church were the McLaughlin's sons, Jonmichael (11 yrs. old?) and Blake (9 yrs. old?) worshipping the Lord. From the very beginning of service they had their hands raised and were in the spirit of worship. It was awesome to watch as they gave praise and glory to God! I love to see our preacher's kids involved in the church. Then there's Jenna...(5 yrs old). She is so cute! Jenna and Alayna are friends, so we had something in common. She HAD to ride with us tonight to the restaurant. I was happy to have her with us. Of course, it made me miss my granddaughters something terrible!

I didn't get a lot of pictures today, but I still wanted to share the few I got.



After a time of prayer before service tonight, I went into the sanctuary to wait for the service to begin. As I was sitting there I watched as people came out of the prayer room. There was an elderly gentleman that walked by, a couple ladies, then my attention was captured by the next two people. It was a mother and young daughter holding hands as they left the prayer room. I thought, "That's one of the things I love about going to church!" Seeing parents teaching their children to love God is so beautiful. Here are a few of my thoughts tonight.

The things "I LOVE about going to church", or I could say...things "I LOVE about being a part of a church" came to mind.

1. God comes and meets with us.

2. I have friends and family there.

3. I have a Pastor who preaches the Word of God, so I can be saved.

4. People really do CARE!

5. There is unconditional love from those around me.

6. We are FAMILY!

7. I feel at "home", when I'm with those who believe Truth!

8. I love good, Apostolic music!

9. I love good, Apostolic, anointed singing!

10. I love the freedom I have to worship and praise the Lord.

I've known these things all of my life, but tonight I was overwhelmed with the awesomeness of being part of "THE CHURCH"! It's just FUN living for God!!! I have always LOVED church, and I'm not about to stop now!

Of course, I didn't even begin to tell all the reasons I LOVE church. That's just a "tidbit" of my heart.

5 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Euless. I think this is one of the 'benefits' of your husband's new position. You will get to enjoy so many wonderful people and churches. I have enjoyed hearing about your ventures. Kent has said several times he wants to have Bro. Elms preach for us in Conroe. I can't wait!

Keith and Carla said...

I'm so glad you are both enjoying yourselves. I know you are both a blessing wherever you go! Love you!

Kevin Hopper said...

It sounds like you guys had a good time! I enjoyed your remarks on why you love the church! Sometimes we need to be reminded or look at it from anothers perspective!

iluv2prshim said...

I love the Benson's and McLaughlin's. Great people. Glad you had a good week-end. :)

Rochelle said...

What a beautiful list of thoughts. And I too feel at home when I am with those who believe truth!!