Saturday, July 19, 2008

Savanna's "Celebration Week"

This week has been a lot of fun. We have celebrated Savanna's birthday for the last three days! :) On her birthday, July 16, we went to the mall to let her jump on the "Bungee Jump". Scarlet was going to join her, but got scared at the last minute. Savanna knew she was going to celebrate her birthday on Friday with friends, so she's enjoyed her "week". Yesterday, we went to Build-a-Bear. That was my gift to her. It took us quite a while to finish there, but when we got home she was happy with her new "kitty cat". She named her "Amelia". Then, today was her party! We had a nice time and she had a lot of FUN being with her friends. She also got to have a "girls sleep-over" at Rachel's house. They were all excited!


One day while we were out eating, Savanna was talking to a lady about her birthday, and the lady gave her $20! When Savanna got back to the table and told us about it we got excited with her, then Jonathan asked, "Savanna, what is the first thing you're suppose to do with your money?" She thought for a minute then asked, "Save it?" She had several more "guesses", then Jonathan spent a little time explaining to her the concept of "tithing". He then walked away from the table. Savanna sat there in deep thought with a very serious, questioning look on her face, then she looked at me and said, "I still don't understand!" I assured her we would explain it to her some more and she would understand. Then she said, "Mimi, I don't want to learn it when I'm SEVEN! I want to learn it when I'm EIGHTEEN!" I couldn't help but laugh!!! LOL! What a classic!

I wonder how many of us have said something like this when we knew God was dealing with us about something, yet we didn't WANT to do what He was telling us we needed to do? "But, God....I really don't want to "learn" about this NOW! I'm not quite READY to do what you've asked me to do!"

I think we might be a better person if we would STOP and LISTEN to what a child has to say. We just might learn something about ourselves!

5 comments:

Karla said...

I LOVE the tithing response!! The honesty of children is priceless!!

I'm glad you were there for celebration week. Looks like a lot of fun.

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

There is nothing like grandchildren. Aren't they smart? That was priceless.

Tracie Smith said...

I miss those 'celebration weeks' when my children were younger. I know Savanna was glad you were there.

You enlightened me. I'm thinking that's why some adults don't tithe. They just don't want to get it until a later time! lol

Michelle said...

What cute girls! I love that all their outfits match!

Jana Allard said...

Now that WAS classic about tithe paying. Maybe this explains some of our saints - they just don't think they are old enough to tithe. LOL

The girls are darling and you have every right to brag.