It's always about the third or fourth day of the "Brother's Reunion Week" that I start missing my husband....terribly! I thought it would be better this year, but I'm still ready for him to come HOME!
I am still with Jonathan, Brenda and the girls. We are having a wonderful time together. I just wish Wendell was here to enjoy it with me.
Ok...I won't whine too much more! :) It's just a couple more days and he will be back!!!
I talked to him on the phone this morning, and I heard the "brothers" laughing. LOL! There is nothing like being with them when they "get on a roll"! If you want your spirit lifted, just hang around one of the Elms Brothers and you will feel better in just a little while. They have their serious times together, but there is never a NEGATIVE time. I've loved sitting around the table with them through the years when they started talking about the work of God. You can sense a deep devotion and respect to their "roots" and to their Pastor, David F. Gray. I love that about them! I just have to say THANK YOU to my husband and brothers-in-law for being FAITHFUL.....never wavering. I love you all!
4 comments:
I remember their folks when we preached in San Diego for Bro. Grey in the late 60's. Bernard and Sandy were still there. Everyone of those "Elms Boys" are great Men of God.
I think it is wonderful they can have their annual get together. How special!!!! Love you
Linda, had lunch today with your brother-in-law David. Wish I could have seen all of them....maybe next time.
Dave
Jerry Ann, I didn't know ya'll knew the Elms family from "way back when". Life definitely brings surprises and I like this one! Love you!
David, I'm glad you got to visit with my wonderful brother-in-law. I'm also glad to be hearing from you. It's been a long time! I hope all is well.
Post a Comment