Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Mixed Emotions
We are on our way home from Beaumont, but I had a hard time leaving the kids this time. I want to be home and need to be home, but have mixed emotions. I didn't get to tell Savanna good-bye today since she was at school when we left, so when I talked to her this afternoon she said, "You know something? You could stay just one more night, Mimi." I felt terrible having to tell her I had already left!!! She was okay after I talked to her for minute, but I still feel sad. Brenda came to say good-bye and said "I feel so sad!" and then started crying! Brother! No wonder I feel sad! Andrew and Mandy are still at her folks preaching them a revival this week, so I won't get to hug on them or the girls when I get home, either! Does anyone feel sorry for me, yet? :) I am looking forward to seeing my wonderful church family tomorrow night so please everyone be there. As soon as I get a chance to get online with my computer I will post some pictures. Talk to you all soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
When I get to feeling that way I think of all our missionaries that are out for four years with little or no family contact. It is a price we pay when we say "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord.." But one of these days we will all be together! O what singing, O what shouting!...
Sis. Elms,
I too am separated from my family by miles so I sympathize with you. It's never easy to say goodbye. You must be very proud of your son and his sweet family.
On another note, I was so happy to get to meet you while you were visiting here in San Jose!
Monica Hassas
Hello Kevin, I know! I do the same thing. In fact, I thought of them last night, but I still felt sad! :) Anyway, I'm feeling better today. It's just the initial "goodbye" that lasted longer than usual. I've always said that I'm thankful they are only 7 hours away! Thanks for writing today.
Monica, it was very nice getting to meet you in San Jose. I love meeting people who are my "blog fans". LOL! Thank you for introducing yourself. We really enjoyed the "celebration weekend". I am very thankful and proud of my boys and their commitment to serve the Lord. Their wives are like my daughters and they are wonderful, also. I don't have to say anything about my grand daughters....:) I think everyone knows how I feel about them. Thank you for writing!
I guess this is the way our family feels with us being in Wichita. I know when we moved here they were sad but understanding in the fact that they knew we prayed about it for weeks. My moms friend told her it could be worse and that we could have moved thousands of miles away. I'm just thankful to have family in Wichita and that of course is the church. There is such a great feeling in knowing the church is FAMILY, it fills me with joy! Well we missed ya'll and look forward to seeing you tonight. Love you!
Christina, we are definitely blessed to have "our family" here in Life Tabernacle. The "family of God" is something to be joyful about!! I'm glad ya'll are part of that family. See you in a few hours. Love you!
It is always nice to go home, but the hard part is leaving, because my kids usually cry when they leave their grandparents, not as much now as they did when they were younger. They have a church family that they enjoy.
Awwww....sniff, sniff.
Patti, I always got sad watching Mom Elms when we would leave them in California. We would be heading back home to Texas and she would be waving and crying because we were taking her grandsons with us. Now, I'm the grandparent and understand 100% how she felt. I am very thankful for our church family. It's nice coming home to a great group of people who loves me.
Ronda, I didn't mean to make you cry! :)
I totally know how you feel, when my gramma was still alive we would do things with her, disneyland, the beach, jack in the box, LOL and when we would leave it would break our hearts, knowing that gramma was going to be by herself, and we would all cry, now that i am an Auntie, my niece Laura, and I and my sister Melinda cry when I leave, I know that I will see them but it is so hard to leave, I love to visit, it is such a great time with my family, and i agree it could be worse and I can be married to a missionary (my dream)and not be able to see them for years at a time, so 9 hours is not so soo bad, (12 more days and i will be at my sisters' getting ready for West Coast Conference in Fresno, again the anticipation,) Arizona is my home, and i have "family" here in the church that are closer that "real" family, I love to go on a trip, but the joy and excitement of knowing that I can see the lights of my home love you,
Thank you, Cheri for understanding! It always helps to know others feel the same way at times.
Post a Comment