Thursday, October 04, 2007

Special Day, Special Lady

I did not want to let this day completely pass by without remembering my Mother's 75th birthday. Everyone who knew her called her a "queen". A more beautiful lady you will never find. Her presence was always enjoyed by all. I miss her very much, and life has not been the same since she was called home, but I know she is enjoying the presence of the Lord. That's where she found her joy and peace while here in this life, so I have no doubt she's loving being in the presence of her King! Mother, we all love you and miss you. We will be home in a little while! I took this picture from the parking lot of our church. Mother loved the sunsets from Life Tabernacle.

11 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

She was a very beautiful lady - inside and out!!! I, too, love the sunsets from home.

Lynn said...

A very close friend of mine described her as a "Queen" and I must say I agree whole heartedly.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Sis. Hurst, and Sis. Holley today. May the sweet peace of Jesus comfort your hearts and minds.

This photo is awesome! So beautiful. This song just popped into my mind: "Won't it be wonderful there? Having no burdens to bear? Joyously singing with heart-bells all ringing, O won't it be wonderful there?". Love ya!

Linda Elms said...

Thank you, Carla, Lynn and Tena! I appreciate your words. They mean so much. Love you all!

Karen Prince said...

Sis. Layne was a beautiful and graceful lady. Heaven is surely sweeter.

iluv2prshim said...

Linda, this is a beautiful post about Mother. She was indeed a queen. As you know I was flying home from Florida yesterday but my thoughts were with Mother.

Karla said...

Great post and tribute to a great lady!!

Linda Elms said...

Prince Family, thank you for your sweet words. Love you!

Linda Elms said...

Ronda and Karla, we had the BEST in the world! What a beautiful example of what a "lady" should be!! Love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Indeed, your mother was a striking, beautiful lady, and with your father made an exceptional couple. Though you have suffered great loss in your family, you are in possession of priceless memories of such remarkable parents.

I love all of you.

Shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com

Linda Elms said...

Thank you Sis. Buxton. They loved ya'll and so do I. My mind goes on and on with memories and they are "wonderful memories". I'm so thankful for parents who loved God, made church essential but fun, and made time for "family". Precious are these memories.