Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Shoemake's 50th Wedding Anniversary

As you all know, this past week we were in San Jose, CA celebrating with Jimmy and Bobbie Shoemake on their 50th Wedding Anniversary and 50 Years in Ministry! We had a wonderful time being with them and some "old friends" that we don't get to see very often. Of course, going to California always brings back memories for us and I always enjoy walking down "memory lane". One of the pictures I really like in the slideshow is of "ME"! LOL! I was the "flower girl" in the Shoemake's wedding, so I took a picture of "the wedding party" so I could share it with you, and my grand-daughters. I'm sure they will not be able to grasp the fact that Mimi was ever a "little girl"! Also, I did not realize that Bro. Kenneth Haney was in the wedding. You will find him in the picture also. I could write a lot about our time there, but I will let the slideshow tell the story. Thank you for being patient with me. I've been too busy to sit down at the computer since arriving home, so I stayed up tonight to get this posted. Of course, I didn't mind!

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Gladya'll had a great time! Did you bring back any In-N-Out burger? That chain needs to come to Texas!

Linda Elms said...

Sorry, Michelle...no In-N-Out burgers for you! I agree. They do need to come to TEXAS!

Karla said...

Ok - I did a double-take on the picture of you as the flower girl. Am I the only one that thinks that looks like SCARLET?!!!

And... some of the pictures of Bobbie look so much like Mother!

Anyway, glad y'all had a good time. See you THURSDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Karla, she does look like Scarlett! You're right!

Lynn said...

You and Bro. Keyes were married???

Linda Elms said...

Karla, you're not the only one that said that. Bobbie also said Scarlet looks like me, and I saw it when I looked at the picture. I really couldn't believe how much.

Linda Elms said...

Lynn, you are so crazy! There's always a smart one in the crowd! You already know the answer to your goofy question, but for the "grapevine" sake the answer is NO! LOL! We've just known each other forever! Bro. Keyes was my brothers best friend and we all ran around together. He tells a funny story about when him and Keith wanted to go "run around" and Daddy told them they could go "if they took me with them"!!! It would make them so mad. LOL! I never knew about this until a year or two ago. I thought it was so funny. We have a lot of memories during our growing up years.

Lynn said...

Glad we got that straight, I was just getting ready to tell everybody! LOL!!

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Great pictures of great folks. Good to see pictures of Bernard and Sandy.
We met them MANY years ago in San Diego and had good fellowship. Where have the years gone. Ron and I will celebrate 45 tomorrow. Bud and Robbie had a good time. We will be with them this weekend.
I enjoy your blog and hope I can get mine going. You are such an inspiration. You Layne girls got the gift of words.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking those horrible pictures. I should not be allowed around a camera. Love you too.

Kevin Hopper said...

Great pictures! It is good to see some old friends. I am glad you guys had a good time! The Shoemakes are a great couple and we have known them forever. Even the flower girl looked cute!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Sis. Elms,
It was so nice being able to meet you and talk to you when you were in San Jose.

~Leah