Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Autumn Leaves?

Is there anyone out there who is having "fall weather", yet? We are smothering here! It was 93 degrees today!! What is that all about? It's OCTOBER and it's suppose to be cooling down. I'm not going to say very much about it, I'm just wondering if it's cooling down anyplace else and if anyone has "fall leaves"? If you do, please post them on your blog so I can see them. I love the colors of autumn!

14 comments:

Don Ryan said...

It is 60 degrees with lots of orange leaves in Ohio. You should come north.

Anonymous said...

Sis. Elms~~~I am right with you. Fall is my favorite time of the year however, it seems we go from one week of fall to cold winter. I would love to have nice Fall weather for about 3 mo. :) !!

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

HI Sis Elms,
The leaves are changing color and falling from the trees here in Calgary. It is such a beautiful time of year. I have posted some pictures on my blog for you to enjoy. I will try to get some nicer ones later on. Enjoy!!

Linda Elms said...

Bro. Ryan, 60 degrees sounds wonderful!! I'm sure the leaves are beautiful. I just heard on the radio today "in Maine the fall foliage is at its peak". I'm sure it's beautiful! Someday I want to be there when it's so beautiful. Thank you for reporting your "fall weather"!

Linda Elms said...

Christy, YES...it would be wonderful to have 3 months of fall!

Linda Elms said...

Sis. Holmes, THANK YOU for writing and letting me know you have posted pictures! How sweet of you to take the time just for ME! I'll check it out!!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding?!!! I'm in Florida and it is 95 degrees and the humidity is just about that bad. lol Heading home tomorrow so I'll let you know how it is there.

Keith and Carla said...

Sorry, Sis. Elms, we're only about 3-1/2 hours from you and it is still very green here. We're awaiting the fall colors also!

Jewel said...

I live in Southeastern Ohio, Sis. Elms and it was 88 degrees here today! The leaves here are rather drab and brownish gold. I'm thinking we might not have very brilliant colors this fall because of the drought. But ordinarily the hillsides would be ablaze with brilliant reds, oranges, and yellows as the leaves turn. I'm missing it this year so much!!

Linda Elms said...

Ronda, I'm anxious to know what your weather is at home. I'm sure it's "beautiful" as always! LOL

Carla, I'm missing cool weather! I looked at our thermometer today and it read NINETY-FIVE degrees!!!! Who would have ever thought it would be this HOT in October?

Jewel, isn't that a lot warmer than usual for ya'll? I thought for sure the leaves in your area would be ablaze by this time. I'm sorry they're not. I know you miss them. I don't know if I've ever told you, but I love the title of your blog. "Down In My Little Valley" sounds so warm and cozy.

Cheri said...

Sis Elms, I am in Arizona and we are still in the 90s but we are in crazy weather as well, yesterday for instance, we get off work and it is RAINING WITH THE SUN BRIGHT, we dont get the beautiful change of colors of the leaves, i can not wait to get to california in a month to first see my family and friends but to go to the beach or coast, today weather is windy and hot, love you, Cheri

Anonymous said...

Linda, as I write this, Friday Afternoon, it is 59 degrees and partly cloudy. It is a beautiful fall day.

Jewel said...

Oh yes, it certainly is warmer than usual here, Sis. Elms! Our "normal" for this time of year is the low 70's but 89-90 degrees is forecast for the next three days! And no hint of rain. And that is why we are not having the beautiful seasonal colors this fall.

Linda Elms said...

Cheri and Jewel, the weather is strange acting this year. I wonder if it will ever get back to what we know as "normal".

Ronda....you don't have to BRAG about it, but I knew you would! LOL! I'm glad you're enjoying it, though. Love you!