Tuesday, October 02, 2007


Jewel at "Down In My Little Valley" gave me this "You Make Me Smile Award" and I was so touched that she has enjoyed my blog this much. I also enjoy reading blogs and have learned a lot about people I have loved for a long time, and then making friends with others I have never met and may never get the opportunity to meet on this side of heaven. But, one of these days we will all gather around the throne and meet each other for the first time! Thank you Jewel for being an inspiration to me and also for being so kind. Here is the description of what the award is all about.
"The thing that I love most about blogging is that I learn so much about a person just by reading their blog. I have met MANY wonderful people with wonderful stories to tell, and I am grateful every day for each person that I have the pleasure of crossing paths in life with. I wanted to create something special for people who have inspired me through their blogging; the stories they tell, and the lives that they lead with grace and dignity. I visit their blogs for inspiration and encouragement. Although there are MANY people I want to give this award to at this very moment, I am going to choose four bloggers: Please grab your badge and wear it(with a smile) proudly, and pass it on because you inspire and encourage me, thank you.”
And now I am going to pass it on to some people who make ME smile and encourage me with their postings.
Lynn at: Dubya
Debbie at: The Alabaster Box
Tena at: In His Time
Christina at: The Isom Family

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww...you are so sweet. What an honor to be one of the blogs that make you smile and encourages you. I feel so special. YOUR blog makes me smile and encourages me, too! I love and appreciate you!

Linda Elms said...

Love you too, Tena. Thank you for writing me AND thank you for blogging. It's so much fun reading about others, and what's going on all over the "blog world".

Debbie Pryor said...

Wow, I am honored. Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I agree with Tena, your blog makes be smile and encourages me. You are such a sweet lady. I truly enjoy reading your blog. I feel as if I have met a friend. It is great to read about what is going on your life, the lives of your children and grandchildren--who by the way are beautiful! Keep on blogging. Sending smiles and hugs your way.

Linda Elms said...

Debbie, thank you! You are sweet to mention my blog. I really do enjoy blogging. It's one of the "fun things" in life. I feel like you do about "meeting friends". I'm planning on being at the California Ladies Reunion Conference so maybe I'll get to meet you "in person". Blessings are being sent your way.