Monday, October 08, 2007

Christmas Time's Coming

Ok, ya'll.....I just couldn't resist! I've been thinking about how fast this year has flown by and realized that Christmas is "just around the corner". It will be here before we know it! Then a brand new year and we'll be "off and running"! I just thought I would share this picture with you all. This has always been a tradition at our house. When we went to Mother and Daddy's house for Christmas, after opening gifts, (we opened them taking turns, and ONE gift at a time) we always had "wrapping paper snowball fights" and before we cleaned it all up we ended up in the floor playing "in" the wrapping paper. I can still hear Daddy's voice booming, "OK........IT'S TIME TO CLEAN IT ALL UP! KEITH, WENDELL, NATHAN, GENE YA'LL GRAB SOME TRASH BAGS AND LET'S GET IT DONE!" Mother would be over in her chair giggling, and enjoying the "show". Then when we had our chldren we continued the "snowball fights" and "playing in the wrapping paper on the floor". Now.....every Christmas we continue the "tradition" and the FUN! Our granddaughters love it when their Daddy's hide under the paper! They love jumping in the paper, and finding their Daddy's! Of course, they try to hide like "Daddy". They don't think anyone can find them. It's cute! After a little while their Mommy's jump in and then the "fun" REALLY begins! I sit in my chair enjoying the commotion and the fun, but one thing for sure...I will have a camera in my hands! (Picture taken by one of Santa's helpers)

HAPPY SHOPPING!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too funny. Nathan, Nathaniel and I was just talking about our "snowball" fights at Christmas time. We got so tickled. That was some crazy times. LOL I'm glad to see your family has carried on the tradition.
www.iluv2prshim.wordpress.com

Linda Elms said...

Ronda, that is too funny that ya'll were thinking about it and talking about Christmastime at Mother and Daddy's! I guess "great minds really do run in the same channel". LOL!

Christina said...

Well I will admit that I've had several thoughts on Christmas coming very soon also. I love Christmas time, it means cold weather, songs of our savior play on several different radio stations, pretty scenes, and the blessing of giving because Jesus came and gave himself for us. I love the picture of you all in the paper!

Ashley said...

Merry Christmas! I can hardly wait until it is here.

Lynn said...

Oh Brother....... first Thanksgiving, then my birthday, THEN Christmas

Tammy Bryant said...

AWESOME!!!!

Debbie Pryor said...

This Christmas tradition sounds like great fun. I can just hear the laughter and giggles!

Linda Elms said...

Isoms....I just love ya'll! You're a great family and I know you have traditions you are doing and will enjoy for many years to come.

Ashley, you're so cute! You've always loved Christmas.

Linda Elms said...

OK, OK, OK, LYNN! We don't want to PASS up your BIRTHDAY! No one would ever want to disappoint you in that way. :) Thanks for reminding everyone. Be sure and let us all know when the "big bash" will be! LOL

Linda Elms said...

Tammy, it is awesome! Love you!!

Debbie, there are a LOT of giggles for sure. It's fun! Good hearing from you.

Cheri said...

Sis Elms, this is funny, and also fun, when growing up we all lived in a area in Bell Gardens Californa, and the whole street were "family" after my family moved to northern California, we kept in contact with a family that were like our truest family i remember when we would visit every year at Christmas, we would all open up our gifts especially the little children, and then Mr. Hirsch would ball up some paper and start a Christmas Paper fight, and Mrs. Hirsch would just sit back and laugh, oh the memories that you have brought to my memory, maybe I will just have to do this this year, thank you for sharing, Love Cheri

Sheree said...

It's begining to look alot like Christmas...Joel has already started to sing the carols. When I read your post it made me think of all of my own family's Christmas traditions. What a joy it is to be able to make memories with the people we love the most. It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Christina said...

I must tell Lynn that I just don't think there will be time to think of his birthday when Ryan & Breann is in November, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then more birthdays Chris & Colten in January, then Haiden and mine in February! It can almost be overwhelming just thinking of this. LOL, just thought I'd share all our birthdays since they are so so so close to Christmas!

Linda Elms said...

Cheri, I love it when someone says or does something that brings back great memories! Thank you for sharing yours! Go ahead have your "wrapping paper snowball fight" this year. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure! :)

Linda Elms said...

Sheree, that's great! Joel singing Christmas songs early reminds me of Jonathan. He always loves playing the Christmas carols early. I would walk in sometimes way before Christmas and he would have them on the stereo, and I would ask him what he was doing, and he would just smile and say, "Listening to Christmas music!" LOL!

Linda Elms said...

Christina! LOL! You are so funny!! I hope LYNN is reading!!! I'm sure he is. LOL! I understand the feeling of "overwhelmed" by so many birthdays. October is that way for me, but I love it.