Sunday, January 09, 2011

Whew...I'm Tired...but HAPPY

As I've said many times since moving to Lufkin...this time of year is one of my favorite times. A lot is happening and we get to be involved in "building the kingdom of God".

MAP was wonderful this weekend. The Lord visited with us and touched us through the ministry of the Word and worship. It's always good to know His approval is on you and the effort that is put forth for meetings such as MAP.

It has been cold and rainy today. Snow has fallen in many places, but we haven't seen any. I don't think it will be coming our way, so we will just enjoy the quiet rain, cold atmosphere, and the FIRE in the fireplace. I love hearing the crackling of the wood, and feeling the warmth that's coming across the room to my recliner as I read, write, and enjoy resting this evening.

I've been on Facebook for a few minutes tonight and have loved seeing the pictures of the new fallen snow. I also love reading comments of friends telling about their services today, and how God did some great things at their church. To hear great reports makes my heart happy! I love hearing that God has filled someone else with His spirit, and someone got a touch they had been longing for. I love how God works on a "personal level". He knows exactly the needs of His people everywhere and performs miracles in our midst. "Thank you Lord, for loving us the way you do! Your mercy endures forever!"

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday. It's another day to serve the Lord with GLADNESS! Walk into your work place with JOY in your heart, a spring in your step, and a SMILE on your face. Let the world know He LIVES and there's still HOPE!

2 comments:

ACampbell said...

Wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed MAP. I was so exhaused yesterday that I actually took a nap before our PM service LOL It was so worth it though. My mind is still going over and over the things we were taught and I keep remembering things and writing them down. Thank you so much for the time and prayers you put into your teaching. I learned so much about being in ministry and being a minister's wife. It was a life-changing experience!

Amberly Campbell

Linda Elms said...

Amberly, I'm so glad you got to come to MAP. It is quite an experience. Glad ya'll made it home fine, and you even got to take a nap! Thank you for writing. I appreciate your words. Blessings to you and your husband...