I recently signed into a Chat Room, of which I never do, but since it was connected to a service I was watching online, I thought it would be okay. I quickly found out that not everyone has the "same purpose" for being there. I didn't read ALL of the comments, but as time progressed I noticed there was someone who took the liberty to "be the judge" of those who were speaking or singing at the service. I have no idea "who" this person was, and don't care to know, but I was disgusted to think they called themselves a Christian. After the degrading comments about people I loved and respected, and "listening" to others who were defending our friends, I decided I was better off to get out before I found myself in the "mix". It would have been easy to get caught up in defending those I loved, yet I knew it wouldn't do any good, because when bitterness takes root in someone's heart there is no one that can do anything about it except the one that is suffering from it.
I guess some people think it's okay to talk derogatory of others since they are typing on a computer and no one really knows who they are. But, let me say...It doesn't matter if you're face to face, talking on the phone, texting, talking online...or any other means of communication...we must be Christ-like at ALL times. I know no one is "perfect", but if we profess to be true believers we should make sure our actions line up to our profession. Any other actions should not be acceptable to us. I know God is not pleased with a forked tongue, a back biter, a tale bearer, or a spirit of criticism. God, help us ALL to be CHRISTLIKE at all times!
1 comment:
Sis Elms,
This brought tears to my eyes..... I too experienced something similar recently. I saw online where someone had posted several derrogatory(sp?) comments "indirectly" about my pastors, my church family, and my church organization. Its nice to hear a faithful woman of God like you stand for the truth!
Post a Comment