The time for relaxing has come and GONE! Tomorrow evening begins one of my favorite times of the year. The Ministerial Advancement Program (MAP) starts tomorrow night when ministers and wives come for training. All levels for licensing in the TEXAS District, UPCI will be represented. (Local, General, Ordination) One of the reasons I enjoy it so much is that those who come are hungry to learn all they can about ministry, and improving in whatever way they can. It is a pleasure to be with these men and women who have committed their lives to the calling of God. Another reason I love this time is that I have the privilege of being part of it. I will be teaching some classes, and will enjoy being with the beautiful ladies that will be in them. We also have the opportunity of spending time visiting, and getting to know each other. Please say a prayer for all the teachers and participants that God will walk into our midst and speak to our hearts in a special way.
After MAP ends we will be starting our Sectional Conferences, so we will get to see many of our TEXAS District ministers and wives. I love it when we get to be around all of these wonderful people! These are the conferences where business is conducted that keeps the organizational machinery running well. Also, our Superintendent, Bro. Russo brings a message to all of us, and I always look forward to hearing from him. We will have a great time! God is moving in the TEXAS District and I am thankful! We get reports of revival springing up all over the district, and it's wonderful to hear how God is touching lives, bringing them to know Him. Isn't He a great God to have MERCY on all of us mere humans? His love still AMAZES me!
There's been a lot of WORK going on in the District Office over the last few weeks. It's been "exciting and mind bending" on those who are involved, but when you're moving forward to greater things it involves getting out of our comfort zone. It also takes a lot of work and dedication. Let me say, there are a lot of DEDICATED people who are working for a great cause and we appreciate and love them all.
This "busy day" comes to an end. It has been a good day! God has blessed us with His presence, His peace, and His strength. I trust you have felt His presence today. Maybe it was from a "word of encouragement" spoken by a "friend". Maybe it was a "smile" given from a "stranger". Or, maybe God came to you in a special way through His word as you read and meditated on Him. Whatever means He used to touch you, you were blessed. What more could one ask for? I'm so glad I know HIM!
6 comments:
This post made me feel good, especially the last paragraph. I can feel the anointing of Jesus in your writings, Sis. Elms and I always feel like you are speaking directly to me and only to me. Does that make sense? :-)
I love and appreciate you more than I tell you. ♥
See you next Friday. :)
Thank you, Tena! I really want to be a blessing to anyone who comes my way. Love you!
Karla...can't wait! :)
I have to wait until the first week in February to see you! :( Can't wait though...
Carla, I am looking forward to seeing you, also. Love you!
Post a Comment