I don't know why, but for some reason while sitting in my recliner tonight a scene from Ladies Prayer started "playing" in my mind. Someone had given a devotion, we had taken prayer requests and given praise reports, then we went to our knees in prayer. Mother had been diagnosed with cancer and had been sick for some time, but she was able to come to prayer that night. I loved having her there, and loved to hear her pray. I had heard her voice in prayer all of my life and still loved hearing her as she walked into the throne room of God to talk to Him.
While we were praying, a lady who was hungry to find God came in, so I stepped over to speak to her and see if I could pray with her. She was needing someone to talk to, so I took the opportunity to try and help her. The ladies had been praying for sometime, then one by one they started getting up and waiting to see if we were going to pray with the "new" lady. Being the Pastor's wife I was wanting to take care of ALL situations. This lady needed me, my ladies were looking for direction on what to do, and they weren't about to leave if we were going to pray for someone who needed God. All of these thoughts were going through my mind when out of the quiet of the moment I hear a familiar, clear, sweet voice as Mother began to sing. It was a song I didn't know real well, but as I listened I sensed a "holy hush" that swept across the Ladies Prayer Meeting. Even though Mother had not been a Pastor's wife for many years she quietly took the lead as her daughter, the Pastor's wife was busy taking care of a "lost sheep".
I cannot tell you the strength I felt when I heard Mother's voice. It was as if she was pouring herself into me like she had all of my life, and once again I was aware of the "strong pillar of strength" she was to me.
Note: I know my sister's are wanting to know what song it was that Mother sang, but since I'm the daughter of Lila Marie, that gives me the right to "not remember". Our Mother said so many times when we asked her what the name of a song was that she heard and loved..."Oh, I don't know! It was a song about God, or Jesus, or something like that." LOL! How many times has she said that to us???? Well, I'm HER DAUGHTER and for the life of me I cannot remember right now...but I will!
4 comments:
I know your mother meant a whole lot to mine; therefore she does to me as well. What a sweet tribute to her beautiful life.
I love when you write about your Mother. What a beautiful lady she was.
Kari, I wish you could have heard Mother talk about YOUR Mother. She was so proud of her and thought she was beautiful. Mary Kay was always so sweet and had a beautiful smile. We had some good times together. I'll always remember when she came to church and got the Holy Ghost.
Kathy, thank you! I love writing about her. She was one of a kind!
Post a Comment