There are a lot of GREAT people in this world, and today we spent time with some of them. It was our year for the kids to be gone to the "other side of the family", so we were by ourselves. Don't feel sorry for us. We were fine. We had been invited to Gene and Karla's, and Brenda invited us to go to her sister's house in Mississippi, but we decided to stay home. I've been sick, and Wendell started "coming down" with it yesterday, so we thought it best to stay close by. We are also preparing for some classes we are teaching, and they are coming up rather quickly. AND we've been on the road a lot since we've been living in Lufkin. It really felt good spending some time here today.
We had decided to find some place to eat, then received an invitation to join the Smith's in their home. I'm sure glad we accepted the invitation! I laughed earlier in the day at the fact that we have moved to LUFKIN, we're living in a MOTOR HOME, Wendell's Texas District SECRETARY, and we were having Thanksgiving Meal with the SMITH'S! Who would have thought this would all happen? LOL!.

When we got to the Smith's house we were greeted warmly by the family and was made to feel "right at home". We have been acquainted with them through the years, but we are now getting to know them as "friends" and it's nice. The meal was delicious and there was so much food! Just like I'm use to on Thanksgiving Day. :) I'm not going to try and say who cooked what, so on and so forth, because I know I would mix them all up. All I know is that it was DELICIOUS!
Kent,
Traci, and their "kids" were there. It was good getting to visit with them.

Trent and his lovely bride....

Redonia with her brother, Trent...

Myron and his family also came. I got home and noticed I didn't get a picture of his wife and precious baby boy! What a doll he is, and I didn't get one picture of him and his Mommy! That's terrible! Please forgive me!

And...Dedie and her children helped us crash the Smith's Family Thanksgiving! Her husband was gone hunting. It's always fun seeing Dedie!

By the way, Dedie, your children were angels! I was impressed with them.

Bro. and Sis. Smith and Family, THANK YOU for your hospitality today. We enjoyed being with you. Ya'll are WONDERFUL!
Here's one last picture....Meet "The Bishop" ! He belongs to Kent and Tracie. He's SO CUTE!
I had the privilege of holding him today and fell in love with him, just like I thought I would! Maybe I will get another dog.......someday.
9 comments:
Sounds like a good day - even with all the differences from the past! LOL! If I remember correctly, this was my first year with no one from "my" side of the family - a little/lot emotional for me. LOL! It's amazing how life changes - but still brings joy amongst it all.
Love you - hope y'all are feeling better soon!!!
p.s. - LOVE Trent's computer!!!! LOL!
AND... "The Bishop" is adorable!!!
We are so THANKFUL we were able to spend our day with the Elms and Cooleys. It isn't thanksgiving unless it is SHARED with family & FRIENDS! We were blessed because we had both.
You were a wonderful role model to me. I KNOW my day is coming to spend a holiday without children. If you cried you sure didn't show sadness around us.
I hope Bro. Elms is better soon.
Much love...
Glad you had a wonderful day! Hope and pray you and Bro. Elms are feeling better soon.
Happy Belated Thanksgiving. Wow, I didn't realize that "the Bishop" was so small.
The Bishop is a ferocious animal.....
Bishop looks like a real guard dog! LOL Glad you had such a great time with friends.
Sis. Elms,
I am just now getting around to your blog since Thanksgiving. It was so nice to get to meet you and Bro. Elms. Calah and I talked about how classy you both are!
Sis. Karla Holley,
Glad you like the mac. It definitely is perfect for all my music/production needs!
Trent, THANK YOU! I'm very honored to think two "young people" would think we were classy! :) You just made a friend for LIFE! LOL! Really, we enjoyed being with ya'll at Thanksgiving. Thank you for writing. Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Post a Comment