Friday, November 21, 2008

From My Perspective

I am sitting in our motorhome after a very busy week, and I am so thankful for ALL His blessings on us! It is cold outside and warm and cozy inside. There is easy listening music playing from the XM radio, the coffee maker is perking, and a sound of happiness in my husband's voice as he visits with a friend over the telephone. I am blessed!

Since I wrote my last "major" post, we have been to Balch Springs, Wichita Falls, Balch Springs, Lufkin, Beaumont and back to Lufkin, all in just EIGHT DAYS. We will be leaving tomorrow sometime for Palestine, TX to minister at Bro. and Sis. Shiftlett's church. We are looking forward to spending time with them and being in church with them over the weekend.

I now have the time to write about Gene and Karla's Installation Weekend. Gene and Ronda wrote and posted pictures about it, and Nathiel has written about it, but I haven't had a chance to give my perspective on it, so I'm going to back track in my days and write!

We were so happy to be a part of the Installation at "HOME". A lot of times when a pastor resigns he doesn't have the opportunity to go back for a long time, and sometimes not at all, so we felt very privileged to be asked to be there for Gene and Karla's service. Our situation is very unique since they are our family, plus they were in Life Tabernacle assisting us for 18 years. Gene was raised there and was a teenager when we were voted in as the Pastor. Years went by and Gene and Karla fell in love, married and became a very important part of the church and our lives. It was deeper than "brother and sister". There was a spiritual connection as we "labored together" for the Kingdom of God. I cannot say enough about their loyalty and love. The church flourished and grew through the 24 years we were there and we are so thankful for what God has done! I could go on about all that happened during those years, but I could never express my heart. It will take all eternity for me to express the love and thankfulness I have for the years we were privileged to serve God and the saints of Life Tabernacle. You can't find better people anywhere. They loved us and became part of our family through the years, and we love them so much!

When I walked into the church on Friday night my heart was full, and memories flooded my mind. I felt the same love from those we had loved for so long, and enjoyed every smile, hand shake, and hug! When worship started it was the same power and flow of the spirit we had experienced through the years. The music was incredible, the choir magnificent, and the praise and worship out of this world. You can call it "HEAVEN" if you'd like, I do! :)

After a power-packed service and a beautiful message by Bro. David Bernard there was time for fellowship with all who were in attendance. The reception following the service was beautiful and classy. It's what I expected of Life Tabernacle to have, but this time they had the food catered and it was all delicious. The live band was impressive and enjoyed by everyone.

Sunday morning message preached by Nathan Hurst is one I will NEVER forget! It showed me once again how God has "ordered our steps". I've known we are in "the will of God" in our move to the District Office, but it was shown to me in a deeper, greater way than ever before. When God decides He wants to change your life, you might as well be happy about it and follow. Sometimes we do not understand what is going on at the time of "breaking", but He will perform His will, and if you'll let Him He will make all things beautiful again. I'm glad I'm His child!

Sunday night my husband preached about "God's Promise to Life Tabernacle". Do I HAVE to say it was great? :) Just to put it on the record.....it was FANTASTIC! A man of God spoke some very important and deep things to Wendell during the time of transition for us and the church. The words he spoke were a comfort to us and promises that we would see our "dream" accomplished.

It was so much fun getting to be with our family! It was like a "family reunion" for the Layne family. Yes, there were some tears shed from the loss of those we love, but there was much more laughter than tears. That's the way Daddy, Mother, and Keith would have wanted it, so we definitely didn't let them down. LOL!

This is just a small portion of what took place here on earth. I wonder what Heaven was like as the grandson of Bro. and Sis. W.R. Holley, and the daughter of Murray and Lila Layne were established as the Pastor of Life Tabernacle? I know there were a lot of smiles, and I think I heard cheering coming from the balcony of Heaven!

Note: If you want to see pictures please visit here and here. They have some good ones to view!

6 comments:

Madison S. said...

I must say Bro. Elms has always done an awesome job of preaching. But the Annoting that was in his message all I can say is WOW! I got goose bumps knowing that God was delivering a mighty message through him. WOW WOW WOW! We loved having ya'll HOME and look forward to ya'll coming back soon!

Karla said...

Very well said! Soooo glad y'all were part of this weekend!!

Tracie Smith said...

I enjoyed reading your
'perspective'. You've been busy!!!

iluv2prshim said...

I could hear the same coming from the other side. :)

janet anglin said...

Excellent post, Sis. Elms!! We so enjoyed having you and Bro. Elms home once again, and his message was incredible and right on target.

kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.