
While we were checking into a hotel on vacation I noticed a man taking the flag down from the pole that stood beside the hotel. I am very sentimental about America, and I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN, so flag activities always catch my attention. I quickly noticed he was taking a weathered flag down, so he could replace it with a brand new one. He was very careful with the handling of the flag and I appreciated that so much! He finally got it off and then looked for a place to lay it down. Knowing one of the rules of the flag is to never put it on the ground, I was curious as to what he would do with it. He stood looking around him, paused, looked again, and paused. Upon not finding a place to lay our flag down he put it on his arm and held it close to him as he stretched as far as he could placing the new American flag on the pole! I was SO PROUD of him for HONORING the greatest flag and country on earth!! I snapped a picture just as he to turned.
He then turned back to raise the flag to it's highest potential.
When I see a flag raised high proclaiming our LIBERTY, I want to stand and salute!
I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN! I pray for our new president-elect that God will give him the wisdom to lead our country. No, he wasn't my choice, but I know God has the affairs of men in His hands, and He will guide us and our leaders if we will ask Him.
I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN! I pray for our new president-elect that God will give him the wisdom to lead our country. No, he wasn't my choice, but I know God has the affairs of men in His hands, and He will guide us and our leaders if we will ask Him.
Once again I pray.....
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
6 comments:
Well, I am very disappointed in the election results. We must increase our prayer. I, too, love America and the American Flag.
Great post Sis Elms! We can't let the election results get us down, God is still good!
I am proud to be American. I love our country and our flag. I have a comment on my blog from a Russiana (use to be a member of our church) married to an American doctor. She was 1 block from the Obama campaign victory party last night in her residence. You may enjoy reading her perspective of America, too.
I will be in Lufkin tomorrow. Maybe our paths will cross!
I am a proud American too. God has privileged us to live in a country filled with freedoms - and seeing the flag wave reminds me of how blessed I truly am.
AMEN, AMEN, AND AMEN!!
Amen!! Well said.
Post a Comment