Thursday, November 13, 2008

No Greater Joy

When my husband finished at the office this afternoon we headed towards Wichita Falls for the Installation Services for Gene and Karla. We arrived in Balch Springs in time for church so we surprised Andrew and Mandy. Jonathan and Brenda were already there, and had called Andrew ahead of time to let him know they were going to be in church with them, but we wanted to just walk in on them. :) That's one of the things about my family that I've always loved...we LOVE to surprised people! It was so much fun!!!

My heart was full of happiness as I sat in church with my arms full of our granddaughters!

Mandy was playing their new "keyboard", and I was so proud of her and her position as Pastor's Wife. She fills her place beautifully!!! I looked across the platform and saw my three MEN and I almost couldn't contain the JOY I had! It is so neat to see my husband and our two sons together on the same platform. Excuse me as I enjoy tonight, but I just can't help it! I understand the scripture that says: "Greater joy have I none than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth." After church I took this picture and I love it! Someone ask for a "family picture" so we gathered together. Of course, I had to have one, too! Pastor and Mrs. Andrew Elms, Alayna and Ashlyn.They are all very happy, and are so thankful to be where God has placed them. From the very first night we met the saints in Balch Springs we fell in love with them. They are wonderful people and God is going to give them a great revival and harvest of souls!

Mandy noticed that the girls and I matched tonight, so she took this picture.While sitting in church holding Ashlyn she decided she wanted to kiss me, so she turned around and before I knew it she was kissing me right on the lips and wouldn't quit. It was so cute! All through service she would turn around and give me a big hug. I think she has really missed me. I know I have her! Alayna is growing up so much and I could really tell it tonight when I saw her. I wish I could keep all of them as "little girls" for a little longer, but time keeps marching on. All the "little cousins" had so much fun being with each other in church. I'm sure they didn't get anything out of being there tonight. :)

Thank you for "allowing" me to share "MY JOY".

15 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Awwwww......too precious for words. Thanks for sharing the pics. You have such a beautiful family.

Linda Elms said...

Thank you Jana!

Tracie Smith said...

I LOVED the post. Of course, it has a lot to do with I LOVE your family, too. Such sweet and pretty little girls. You have a beautiful family.

I remember our early days of pastoring. When family came to visit we were so thankful. We wanted them to see what God was doing. I love the pic of Mandy on the keyboard, too.

Enjoy your time this weekend. I would be feeling weird emotions if I were in your shoes even though you know God has done all things well. I'd be proud of a 'lil sis yet miss my role @ the same time. I'll pray for each of you. Give both Ronda and Karla a big hug.

Love you!

Keith and Carla said...

I love the pictures!!! You and Bro. Elms have some raised some wonderful young men. I would be proud, too!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I so understand that "being proud" thing! I love seeing my son and daughter-in-law doing their "thing"! Nothing like the "GrandBabys"! Enjoy! I, too, love and appreciate your family! Sis. D from Beaumont!

Karen J. Hopper said...

What a beautiful family - and your granddaughters - oh, no wonder you have so much joy. Grandchildren have a way to bring out the best in us. God Bless.

Tredway Tales said...

What a beautiful family. It is so true, there is no greater Joy than to know that your children walk in the truth. What a heritage you Elms' have with Pentecost.

Christina said...

This is wonderful and thank you for sharing the pictures with us. We love to suprise our family when we can as well! Looking forward to seeing you all here in Wichita! Love you.

Gayla said...

Sis. Elms, you are so blessed! It is OK to bask in the joy that God has given you, and to be proud of your family. You should be. Isn't it grand to be able to get the whole family together? It is so hard to do that when they grow up and move out...! LOL

kathy said...

Enjoyed your posts the past few days, but just haven't taken the time to comment.

It's always fun being with family and great you could have all of yours together. What a nice surprise for Andrew, Mandy and the girls. Please give my love to them. I know you had fun & that will continue as you enjoy your weekend with more family.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

janet anglin said...

This is great, Sis. Elms! You're very fortunate to have kids and grandkids that love y'all and God!!!!!

Michelle said...

I love your granddaughters, they are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Kevin Hopper said...

Great post, pictures, & family. Anytime you have all the family involved in the work of God it is great!

Debbie Saiz said...

Thanks for sharing YOUR JOY! You have a right to feel so proud! You have a great family!

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

What a great post! I enjoyed seeing the pictures. YOu have a wonderful family and you are so blessed that they are are in the work of God.
The little girl's are growing so fast. They will be half-grown before I see them...LOL. Hope yall have a great weekend. My love