While we were pastoring at Life Tabernacle I taught a class called PrimeLife. It was one of the things I loved! Many years ago I started a tradition of "giving thanks" on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Over the years I had to use several Sundays to give everyone the opportunity to talk about what they were thankful for. It was always a very touching time for all of us. I wondered if they had continued the tradition this year and when I read Julie's blog it warmed my heart to know the tradition continued. :) In keeping with our tradition I am going to write "my thanks".
As everyone knows this year has been a "year of transition" for our family. It has been a very emotional year, but God has seen us through and we are all happily in the will of God!
I'm thankful for... the friends who have been by my side letting me know "everything's going to be alright".
I'm thankful... for my family who has been a rock for me to stand on and feel secure.
I'm thankful for... a church who loved us "through it all".
I'm thankful for... the ministry who brought us close to their heart as we were brought into serving them.
I'm thankful for... all the hugs, smiles, and encouraging words from people who still don't know "what I was facing" when they gave them to me.
I'm thankful... God has used my husband to "make a difference" in the life of a church that was hurting and needed guidance.
I'm thankful for... all the churches we have been able to minister in, their kindness to us, and the presence of God we felt when we were with them.
I'm thankful... I have "felt at home" when we have been invited to those churches!
Where does someone as blessed as we are begin to say THANKS? And, where do I stop? God has been so good! He will always be good! I will always be His child and for this I AM THANKFUL!
As everyone knows this year has been a "year of transition" for our family. It has been a very emotional year, but God has seen us through and we are all happily in the will of God!
I'm thankful for... the friends who have been by my side letting me know "everything's going to be alright".
I'm thankful... for my family who has been a rock for me to stand on and feel secure.
I'm thankful for... a church who loved us "through it all".
I'm thankful for... the ministry who brought us close to their heart as we were brought into serving them.
I'm thankful for... all the hugs, smiles, and encouraging words from people who still don't know "what I was facing" when they gave them to me.
I'm thankful... God has used my husband to "make a difference" in the life of a church that was hurting and needed guidance.
I'm thankful for... all the churches we have been able to minister in, their kindness to us, and the presence of God we felt when we were with them.
I'm thankful... I have "felt at home" when we have been invited to those churches!
Where does someone as blessed as we are begin to say THANKS? And, where do I stop? God has been so good! He will always be good! I will always be His child and for this I AM THANKFUL!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!
MAY YOU BE BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE IN 2009!
3 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Bro. Elms. We love you.
Thank you Patti! Love ya'll too. Hope you've had a great day.
Sis. Elms, I understand that there were several classes that followed your Thanksgiving tradition.
I always remember how thought provoking the testimonies were, and I'm so glad you made us get out of our comfort zone and give God the praise and the thanks He deserves
Post a Comment