Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tulsa Weekend - Nov. '09

We were privileged to be invited to minister in Tulsa, OK for Pastor Don Martin. The Martin's, we call them Donny and Michelle, are like family to us and we were so excited about getting to be with them. Also, we were anxious to see their "field of labor". We were absolutely thrilled with what God has done through their ministry. They pastor two churches and both of them are growing and are in revival!

Bro. Martin asked my husband if he would be willing to preach at both churches on Sunday, and Wendell said he would be happy to. As soon as church was over on Sunday morning in Tulsa, we headed out to get a bite of lunch at a fast food restaurant, since they could serve us quickly. We then went to Collinsville, OK for the afternoon service. We had a great time with this fine church. We had just enough time to run to the hotel, rest a few minutes, and head back to the Tulsa evening service at "Metro". We were worn out by the end of the last service, but we were full of thankfulness for what we saw and felt!

One thing we loved was the music in both of these churches. I stood and listened as the congregation was singing and it sounded like a choir. They sang every part of the song, and blended their voices and it was beautiful! I later found out that the Martin's will sometimes have a "night of music" at the church so people can come and learn new songs, so they will know them when they are sung in the services. I remember when we use to do that when I was a young girl. It brought back so many memories! Bro. Martin has also put together an orchestra and it was awesome!

Jeremy Martin was home visiting his parents, and we were so excited to get to see him. He had recently returned from his tour of duty in Iraq and I felt very honored to sit next to him in church. The honor he gave to God was something I'll always remember. Here was a military man who had served his country, and came home to his family and to the America he was protecting...and he gave God all the glory for protecting him while he was away. I was very touched by His devotion! Thank you, Jeremy for serving the "land that I love".

There is no way to tell all about being with the Martin Family and the church family, so I will not try to explain it all. I just know I look forward to going back to Tulsa....someday.

No comments: