Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rialto - California Trip - catching up

Things have been so busy and I never finished blogging our trip to California back in September. I told Wendell that I was going to try to catch up on 2009 happenings before going into 2010. Wow! I hope I can do it.

Recap: In September we made a trip to California for a "Summer Surprise" for our dear friends, the Shoemake's. It was a time of celebration, and it was wonderful being there! While in California we visited friends and family. Wendell also had a few preaching engagements while we were there. We were with the Shoemake's one weekend, visited the Hurst's (my sister and family), and walked down "memory lane" with Bobbie in Fresno. This is where I will pick up.

After I returned to San Jose to my husband who was so kind to let me take a day for "remembering", we headed to my Uncle C.W. and Aunt Gloria's house in Rialto.I cannot say it enough, so let me say it again....getting to be with family was so much fun! Uncle C.W. is my mother's youngest brother and I've always been very close to him. I know if I need him he will drop everything and be there, with Aunt Gloria right beside him. They have proven this time and time again. I don't know if they read my blog, but if they do I want to say THANK YOU for loving me and "being there" when I needed you the most. We stayed with them for a couple of days in their motorhome that was parked in their driveway. Their motorhome is almost exactly like the one we had that we were living in at the time, so we felt "right at home".

One night while we were there C.W. called my cousin Roger and told him we were there and would like to see him and Phyllis. In just a short time they showed up, and we had a great time together! Roger is the closest cousin in age to me on my mother's side of the family and we have a lot of memories of growing up together. I better not get started reliving them because I would be writing for a very long time. Let me just say....in our growing up years, we had a lot of fun during the 2 weeks I would visit Grandpa and Grandma Pound, and at Christmas time when the family got together.

I had a wonderful time visiting with Donny and Karen, Chad, Valerie, and their "kids".
Time flies when you're having fun, and it was time to leave before I knew it.Karen and Courtney also came to visit with us. (this is Donny's wife and daughter)I was hoping to see Stella and the kids, but it wasn't possible for them to come this time. I did get a picture of one of the most important members of the family. Tootsie...she is loved by all! I'm just hoping if something happens to her that we won't have to bury C.W. and Gloria with her. Since I've already said all those nice things about C.W., maybe he won't get too mad at me for posting this picture of his granddaughter, Courtney fixing his hair!

No comments: