Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Sunday At Copperas Cove

At the Ministers and Wives Retreat a few months ago, Pastor and Sis. Donny Hendrick invited us to be with them on Christmas Sunday. Knowing we wouldn't have our own church to celebrate with, they wanted us to be with them on this special day. Wendell preached Sunday morning and Sunday evening we enjoyed the Christmas Cantata, "REJOICE" performed by the choir. The Copperas Cove Choir is great and I sat in amazement as they sang. They sing with passion and power bringing you into the presence of God, and the electricity of excitement. From the very beginning you could tell the musicians and singers had put a LOT of hours into learning the songs, and getting them close to perfect. Being a musician myself, I know the hours that's spent in learning songs of this kind, and I could appreciate the effort. Bro. Elms turned to me and said, "You can tell they have practiced a LOT!"

ONE of the many things I've missed since leaving our church in Wichita Falls is our choir. Life Tabernacle Sanctuary Choir is excellent, and the Copperas Cove Choir reminds me of them. Now, that is about the highest compliment I can give. I do not flatter when I say this. I am very sincere and thankful we were invited to spend this special time with Pastor and Sis. Hendrick and their saints. Thank you all for including us in your church. We feel "at home" when we're with you.

Here is a short slideshow of our weekend. Enjoy!

No comments: