Last Wednesday night was a "down night" for me. I do not have very many of these times, but for awhile on Wednesday I was "down". Wendell and I sat down and talked about our "impossible situation" with our house not selling and the "giants" that were confronting us. Yes, I say "impossible" and "giants" because that's exactly how we felt and we knew WE could do NOTHING about it. Yes, we had prayed. Yes, you had prayed. But, it seemed there was no answer. I wasn't giving up, yet for a "short time" on Wednesday evening I caved in. Now, that I've totally exposed my "human thinking", I will go ahead and tell you what I said. While we were in discussion I said to my husband..."I just don't understand! It just makes me WONDER! I KNOW we are in the will of God, but it just makes me WONDER what is going on!" God heard what I said and decided right then to give me an answer.
Thursday night rolled around and we went to Spanish Camp Meeting..
I feel His presence as I write this tonight.
After church, I told Wendell about it and he said, "Let me show you something." He opened his Bible and showed me a scripture he had underlined and said, "When I sat down tonight on the platform I opened my Bible and underlined this scripture." He pointed to it and I read:
Phil. 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
That was wonderful, but what made it even more awesome was when Missionary Sones, the Camp Meeting Evangelist went to the pulpit, he greeted the crowd, then said, "Tonight let me turn your attention to...
Phil. 4:19, "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
Then he told us the title of his message:
"My God Is Not In A Crisis"!!!!
He went on to preach straight to US! It was as if no one else was there. Bro. Sones didn't know anything about us, and I'm sure he thought he was preaching to the large congregation of people, but God was directing his words straight into our hearts!
After church I told Bro. and Sis. Navarro about what I had heard the young man say in English, and Sis. Navarro asked, "Did he say that?" I had to laugh and answered, "Yes he did, or else God interpreted it for me!"
You know, it doesn't matter to me if God was my interpreter, or if the young man said it, but I do know God spoke straight to me as I sat in His presence! I don't know when I have had anything impact my mind like God did that night! I'm so glad our God is a "personal God". He loves us and He works His will in our lives if we will completely trust Him!
As a lot of you know from being on Facebook, we got an offer on our house TODAY and now a contract has been signed and is being sent back to the realtor in the morning! Andrew and Mandy have now had an offer on their house! I haven't heard yet about a contract, but I'm sure it's coming! It looks like God decided to take care of "two birds with one stone" and is working it all out in one weekend!
Thank you ALL for praying and believing with us! Our God is an awesome God!
16 comments:
This story is incredible. I have had times in my life when I NEEDED to hear a direct from the Lord and He came through in such an unbelievable way! I am so glad for you all. God is so good and right on time... His time, of course. This is one of those life-long memories.
Sis. Elms, this is so AWESOME. I sit here rejoicing with you while reading this and I am so thankful at how God ministered to you during the service. He is always an "on time God"!!!!!
Were your ears burning last night?
We had dinner with Tracie and Kent and were talking about you guys.. of course it was good and we all are excited about the contract on your house. So thankful you posted this blog. We know that God can move in such a way but it is so wonderful to read this kind of report.
love,
Shirley Patrick
What a faith builder! As Mom stated you and Bro. Elms were a major part of our dinner conversation. Ironically, we knew nothing @ that point of your offer or contract. Your blog confirms our conversation to me! Simply put you are being watched...your realness is an inspiration to many. You probably can imagine what part of our conversation was in regards to since it is no secret! lol Thanks for just being you! We all have those times when we need a word from God. Much love!
Wow when God wants to stretch us he does, but HE is ALWAYS and on time GOD!!!! I am glad you posted this to build our faith!!!
That is awesome! I am so thankful God sees the big picture...we can't and a lot of times there is a struggle. BUT, when that prayer is answered it is like WOW, He had it all in control. Thanks for sharing. Love you!
What a beautiful testimony of our loving a caring God. I have had times like that in my life as well and it is such a strength. Thank you for sharing.
I too am so happy that your house sold.
The Elm's family is special and the hand of the Lord is upon you. Thank the Lord for the contract but be encouraged and never forget that you are in our prayers and HE is in control. Tracie and I believe in ya'll. Blessings...rks
INCREDIBLE! I love how the Lord knows exactly where we are and what we need. I was so excited to get your text about the house. I am amazed once again at HIS love for his children. Love you!
So....hurry and get a house in Lufkin so I can come visit. Hahahaha!!!
Sis. Elms, I can hardly type through my tears. I've wondered MANY times where God was, but still knew deep inside that He was walking right by my side. After Sis. Karla's sunday school lesson Sunday, I began thinking about y'all and Andrew and Mandy. I thought about the deep needs in our life as well and began speaking to the mountain. It's absolutely beautiful to see the hand of God at work. I'm thrilled about your prayer(s) being answered and know that we do serve an "on time" God!!!
Wow!! God has done it again. As I was reading your post, the words of the song came to me...How great is our God, how great is HIS name...
forever the same...
We've had similar experiences in our lives through the years. One time in particular, Dad Guidroz was at a camp meeting and a woman received the Holy Ghost. Bro. Benny DeMerchant happened to be standing near and said the lady was glorifying God and telling Dad Guidroz that his son was going to be okay.
It is awesome how personal God is.
It blows us away when He takes the time to speak to us personally. Thank God for the contract. His timing is perfect in His sight.
thank you for sharing, it is awesome to know that GOD is still working, your story and testimony has touched me. thank you, I know that GOD will come through,there are times when I think "okay GOD" is there an end, but then I am reminded that HE WILL NOT PUT ON US MORE THAN WE CAN BEAR" HE thinks i am stronger than i do. Love you Sis Elms, hope to one day meet you and hug you for all the encouraging words that you share and for being and example to me. God Bless you and your family
The last post about thank you is from Cheri Bagato in glendale az,
So WONDERFUL!!! I love it when God speaks to us like this. It has happened to us on several occasions here of late. I'm excited/happy for y'all!!! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW! It is through our roughest spots and hardest times that He reminds us just how much He really does love us and that He knows exactly what we are going through. He comes through for us every time. So happy your house has sold! Love you....
This is wonderful news! I must have missed it on facebook, and I've been behind on the blogs! God is so good!
Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful testimony,Sis. Elms. It is so encouraging! He truly is such a personal God and Saviour and always on time! I am sitting here in tears rejoicing with you and Bro. Elms! God bless!
Post a Comment