The next weekend we were in Paris, TX with Bob and Donna Myre. What a time we had! It's always fun being with Bob and Donna, their family and any friends that happen to be visiting with them at the time. They love having people around them, so we get the privilege of sharing friendships with them. Sometimes it's people we know already, and at time we get to meet their friends for the first time. I can say without exception that we have never felt like we were in their way! That's a nice comfortable feeling and we appreciate their unselfish friendship to us.
We got to be with the Myre's, Spencer and Kyran, and Pastor and Mrs. Phil Bridges from Wisconsin. I knew Terra, Phil's wife, but it was nice meeting Phil and the children.
Pastor Myre taught Sunday morning and I enjoyed it SO MUCH! He kept my attention the whole time! :) He taught with so much anointing and passion that anyone under the sound of his voice had to feel the Holy Ghost!
On Tuesday we decided we wanted to eat a hamburger, so we went to Whataburger. While we were there Wendell's phone rang and it was Andrew. They had been visiting family in Deweyville, and were on their way home. When asked where they were Andrew said "driving through Lufkin". They were on one side of the Loop and we were on the other! I couldn't believe they were just going to "drive on by" without at least stopping and saying "HI", but I also understood if they did. They were trying to get home, and we would be seeing them in a few days. Anyway, Andrew and Wendell kept talking for awhile. It must have been 15 minutes or so when I saw them pull into the parking place next to us!!!! It was so good seeing them and Ashlyn. Alayna had stayed with her Poppy and Grammy for a few days.

During this week we found out that our house sale had "fallen through", so we were pretty "bummed out". But, in the middle of it all we got to see our kids, and then we were surprised again a few days later. I got a text from Tracie Smith that her and Kent would be coming through town in a few hours. She asked, "Would ya'll like to meet us for a late lunch?" Shortly after receiving her text, I got a phone call from Jerry Ann Guidroz. "Hey Linda, Ronnie and I are going to be in Lufkin in about 1-2 hours. Would ya'll like to meet us to get something to drink? We'd love to see ya'll!" We were also waiting on Darrell and Jeanetta to bring Alayna to us so we could take her home, since we were going to Euless to preach on the weekend. LOL! I LOVED everyone showing up at once! We finally got it all together and met Ronnie and Jerry Ann at Starbucks, then Tracie text that they were "getting close to the 'ole camp ground". I told her to come to Starbucks because there was someone there who wanted to see her. You should have seen the smile on her face when she walked in and saw the Guidroz!!! It was priceless!
While we were all visiting we looked up and saw Kent's dad, Pastor Ron Smith walk in. I was surprised to see him, because I thought they were out of town! Tracie went and told Sis. Smith to come in. We all had a wonderful time "just being together"!
Darrell and Jeanetta came with Alayna a few hours later and we met them for dinner out at Dean's in Huntington. It was so good being with them, but I didn't get any pictures. I hate it when I do that, but this time I didn't take any. Darrell and Jeanetta are wonderful and we enjoyed being with them more than I can say. I will just say, "Darrell and Jeanetta, you are a blessing to us and we love you!"
That evening we traveled to Marshall to spend the night so Wendell could go to a funeral in Oil City. I've already mentioned in the last post what a great time we had with Alayna. She is growing up way too fast, but she is a pleasure to have around. Her middle name fits her perfect....Alayna JOY!
Sunday morning we were in church with Andrew and Mandy and the beautiful people of Greater Apostolic Tabernacle. We had a wonderful time! Andrew preached Sunday morning and we enjoyed his ministry once again. We don't get to hear our sons preach as much as we would like, so any opportunity we have to hear them, we do.
We had a good meal with them, and I had to snap this picture of Wendell, Alayna and Ashlyn. Aren't they sweet?
Sunday night we went to Euless to preach for Pastor Carl McLaughlin. This family is absolutely wonderful! I cannot describe to you the sincerity and love they share with those around them. I think we could talk all night long when we're together, but we have to cut it off sometime. :) Bro. and Sis. Benson are also some of the finest people I've ever met. They are Veda's parents and founders of the Euless church. Everyone has people in their lives they wish they could spend more time with. Well, the McLaughlin's and Benson's are some of those people!
While we were all visiting we looked up and saw Kent's dad, Pastor Ron Smith walk in. I was surprised to see him, because I thought they were out of town! Tracie went and told Sis. Smith to come in. We all had a wonderful time "just being together"!
That evening we traveled to Marshall to spend the night so Wendell could go to a funeral in Oil City. I've already mentioned in the last post what a great time we had with Alayna. She is growing up way too fast, but she is a pleasure to have around. Her middle name fits her perfect....Alayna JOY!
Here's Veda talking about something. I love how she "gets into" what she's saying.
Bro. McLaughlin and Bro. Benson.

This is a very lengthy post, and I hope you've not fallen asleep reading all of it. I put pictures in it to help keep it more interesting. :) I trust you enjoyed the last few weeks of our life. We have! I love how God steps in and helps us through our disappointments, and I can't think of any better way than to have friends and family step into your life for a few hours.
Thank you, Jesus for loving us so much that you will do "little things" to let us know how much You care. We can't feel your arms around us each time we need them, but you send someone to wrap us in their arms when we need it the most! THANK YOU! You're such a wonderful Friend!
4 comments:
Love love love reading your posts! You keep the district connected by reading your blog. I love hearing about all your travels to the various churches. Of course seeing pics of everyone makes it even better. Wow! You've been busy. Enjoyed our Starbucks time together. I loved the surpise of my sweet friends, the Guidroz, too!
Love reading You!!!!Miss seeing you! Went to California for 2 weeks! Nice weather!! I am sure you know this, BUT Sis. Bobbie Shoemake is coming to TAC!!I am so excited! That will be a Devine Treat! I expect you to be here! Love You Much! Deb from Beaumont!
Tracie, thank you so much! I appreciate your sweet words. I hope ya'll come and see again somtimes SOON!
Deb from Beaumont;) I'm glad you're back home. I missed your comments on here while you've been gone! Yes, I know Sis. Shoemake will be at TAC. I also know she'll do a great job! All my life I have watched God use her through her songs and music.
I had a wonderful time talking with you. I hope to see you again soon. Love you!
Post a Comment