Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Very Special Day

Today, we celebrate two beautiful parents who lived according to the Word of God, and wrapped their lives around HIM!

Daddy and Mother are celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary on the streets of gold. They have probably taken a stroll down to the "River of Life" holding hands, talking, and I'm sure Mother is giggling about something!

While growing up, I sat at the dinner table many nights and listened as Daddy talked about Heaven and how wonderful it would be to go there. Daddy and Mother would sing songs about Heaven, and we would listen as he gave his version of what he thought it would be like. I never saw him more excited than when he talked about "that beautiful home".

Ronda and Karla, today on the other side, I'm sure Daddy and Mother are enjoying the ultimate Anniversary Celebration as they reminisce about "life" and what a great time they had while here on earth. I know they are talking about that day when the trumpet sounds and we walk through the "pearly gates". But, remember...don't even stop and look around to find them at the gate, because they won't be standing there as we walk in. They will be "in front of the throne" waiting! I know they are making their plans for when we get there.

I'm just thinking....I'm not so sure they haven't left the river to go talk to Jesus, and tell Him they think it's time for the trumpet to sound!

Maybe it won't be much longer....

1 comment:

Kathy McElhaney said...

What a beautiful post! I loved your parents so much.

After a death in our church this year I shared with our young people the story behind "meeting in front of the throne." We made a pact to do just that! It's going to be quite a crowd around that throne, isn't it?