You know...it's nice to be able to live "just one day at a time". There is no way to go back to the "past", and you sure can't go into the "future", so why not just "live today". I have always been the type of person to live in the NOW. Maybe that's why I can't remember what happened "yesterday". :) That's just the way I like it, unless I need to remember something important, then, I have to really "put my mind to it" and figure out...."what was that I needed to remember"?
Today has been a much better day than the last few. Since my "graceful falling" in my motorhome...(how can anyone fall in a motorhome? :)...I am doing FINE. My husband is doing much better with his "poison ivy" attack. As soon as we realized what he had we called the doctor to get a prescription to get this "terrible stuff" under control. If we do not catch it soon enough it will definitely "feel at home" and take over his entire body! How dare it feel so comfortable and invade unmercifully?
Being happy and living life with a positive attitude is not easy for some folks. They always see the "big, bad, ugly", and negative side of situations. Then, there are the folks who just LOVE LIFE no matter what's happening. We have all been around both of these kind of people. How do people go through life always LOOKING for the bad? How does anyone live with them? How can you stay around someone who is always grumbling and complaining? No, I don't have anyone in mind. I'm just thinking and typing. I hope all who read this do not have this problem, but I'm sure there's got to be just one or two in all the "MILLIONS" of people who read my blog that do! :) Did I really just say that? LOL!
The year I turned thirty-four I was talking to my brother on the phone, and with a little "unhappy" sound in my voice I said, "I can't believe I am 34 YEARS OLD today!!!" On the other end of the line I heard Keith say, "Well, that's better than the alternative!" In a way I wanted to jump through the phone and "hit him", of course in a playful way. He always had a way of putting things that made it look like fun. Even if I WAS getting OLD! I love being around people who see the "bright side of life".
My brother-in-law, David, is probably one of the most positive people I have ever been around! I remember a time when he was going through a very trying time, but to talk to him you would have never known it! Thank you David for showing us the "bright side of life".
I don't really know why I'm writing this tonight. I sometimes go off in a direction that I wasn't planning on going. It feels good, so I think I'll keep going.
When we were evangelizing MANY years ago, we were in our motorhome travelling through the Salt Canyon in Arizona. It was HOTTER THAN BLUE BLAZES, as my mother would say, and our motorhome started cutting out. We turned off ALL air conditioners, took the cover off of the engine (inside the motorhome)so my husband could hold the carburetor open, pour gas in it, just to give it enough power to make it to the other side of the canyon! It got up to 120 degrees in the motorhome, and we were doing our best to keep a good attitude. But, when you're an evangelist, and you don't know where you're going to get the money to FIX whatever is wrong, you get a little scared. What if we had to put out THOUSANDS of dollars to keep going? By the time we got to Tommy and Judy Hudson's house we were "fit to be tied"!! When we started telling Bro. Hudson what was going on and all of our "fears", he started LAUGHING about it. We looked at him as if he had lost his mind, and I think it made him laugh harder. After a little while of laughter from him, WE started LAUGHING!!! It might have been a little "hysterical laughter", but I can say it was probably the best thing that could have happened to us. We found out later there was just a tiny pin-hole in the gas line causing air to be where fuel SHOULD have been! We found out real fast that motorhomes do not run on air!!! It was just a "tiny, little, something" that was taking our joy away. We learned a valuable lesson that day from Tommy Hudson. "DON'T TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUSLY!" Thank you, Bro. Hudson!
Oh, I guess I could go on and on about things that happen and people who have helped me see the "brighter side" of life, but I will stop there.
We are in Euless tonight. We arrived here not long ago, and we walked into a beautiful Evangelist Quarters!! We are thankful to the McLaughlin's for a wonderful place to relax. We are looking forward to the weekend services. I know the presence of God will be here to do great things for those in attendance!
My heart is overflowing with the "goodness of our God"! He's a GREAT, BIG, WONDERFUL GOD!
3 comments:
Have fun with the McLaughlins and Bensons. They are wonderful folks. I guess they will be back from Wisconsin.
What an awesome and inspiring post! The Lord and my husband have been teaching me some of the very lessons you mentioned. Thank you for all of your encouraging posts to the boys during their quizzing. Have a blessed weekend.
What an encouraging post!!! And I love your last line! He's a GREAT, BIG, WONDERFUL GOD!
Post a Comment