Tuesday, July 15, 2008
The Brother's
"Elms Brother's Reunion" is this week!!! My husband looks forward to being with his brothers all year! There are four Elms brothers, and EVERY year they get together for a time of fun, food, and fellowship. Too bad "golf" doesn't start with an "f". LOL! They will definitely get in a few games of golf! No one, except the brothers, are invited to this special week, not even their wives. If you ask me, I think they are very "selfish"! :) Just kidding! I really do not blame them for protecting "their time" together. One brother, David, is District Superintendent in North Carolina. Bernard, is Southern California District Secretary. Royce, is on the District Board in Texico District. And, my husband is Texas District Secretary. So, as you can imagine, they don't get to spend much time together. Every one of them are the greatest men you could ever know, and I am proud to be in the family. I wish them the best time they have ever had! Enjoy the "memories" of days gone by, brothers, but more than anything, enjoy being together "today"!!!
(From Left: Wendell, Bernard, Royce, David)
Labels:
Elms Brothers,
UPCI
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow! I would like to have known the people who brought them up. They must be incredible to have prepared all of them for such important jobs in life!
Our organization is blessed to have men of such stature. Wishing them a great day.
Where are they going this year??? it is so neat like Sis Karen said to see them all in such a role for the kingdom of God! Their parents are probably bragging to the Angels as we speak.
Karen, I wish you knew every one of them. They are great men of God!
Karen H.- thank you!
Julie, they went to San Diego. I'm know Mom and Pop are humbly proud, but most of all grateful!
Thats a neat way to get together.
Was wondering about that Name Royce Elms, bought a set of tapes this week that had a message by R.E. in it. Guess the title... "Time Management".
Have been enjoying your summer adventures and slide shows, thanks for sharing.
M.B.
There are no great people in the world than the Elms brothers! I respect and love them all very much. Mom and Pop Elms would be incredibly proud of them and their families. I think Bro. Gray would too. Hope they have a great time.
I'm so glad they can still take time from their BUSY schedules and have fun together. Everyone of the Elms brothers are unique in their own way. I hope they have a blast together this week!!
I have a fond childhood memory of your husband (then a young Bible College student at WABC) carrying me around Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor at some event in Stockton, CA. (of course, I was a LITTLE girl... :) He made quite an impression on me and I have always fondly remembered him.... I pays to pay attention to the little children - they will not forget!
.... IT pays to pay attention!!!
Just noticed my typo...... kind of ironic...:)
Post a Comment