Thursday, May 29, 2008

God, Friends, Family, and Life

"THIS is the day that the Lord has made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!"

Sometimes we go through life waiting on someONE or someTHING to MAKE us joyful. Don't wait on "happenings" to make you HAPPY! Enjoy God, life, friends and family NOW! There are many people talking about how FAST "life" goes by. Their "little girl, or little boy" is getting close to graduating from high school,or college, or has just left Kindergarten and is going into 1st grade next year. I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter the age of the parents or the age of the children, LIFE just blows right by and we are left saying, "Where did the years go?". So, once again I say, MAKE MEMORIES while you have the "kids" at home. But, remember "MEMORY MAKING" doesn't END when the kids are gone.

Tomorrow I will be "making memories" with my sister and brother-in-law, Ronda and Nathan. I knew they were coming our way, but I just talked to her on the phone and they have arrived in Houston, and are traveling our direction! We won't see them tonight, but we will have a good visit for the next day or so. I'm real EXCITED!

A little while ago I got an "IM" from a friend and while talking about "things", they said, "Guess what?" I responded with "What?". Finally, after the "guessing game" and I couldn't guess the answer they said, "Well, I love you! That's it!" Ahhhh! Life is so much fun when you have friends who GIVE LOVE AWAY!

I'm rambling a little tonight, but I just wanted to say, I love God, my life, family, and friends! Thank you for being SO WONDERFUL! (That's what another friend always says to me.) So, I pass it on to you!

Now, ENJOY TODAY! For "THIS is the day...."

5 comments:

kathy said...

I enjoy your postings. I'm so glad for you ... time with your sister! I just don't get enough time with Jeanetta, but enjoy what little I do get. I'm sure you and Rhonda will savor every minute of you time together. Enjoy it while you can. Tell them I said hello.

Tracie Smith said...

I know yall will have FUN! Karla needs to join you two. I wish I would have known they were flying in last night. Kent and I would have LOVED to have meet them for dinner. We are only about 30 minutes from IAH! Laugh a lot....

Linda Elms said...

Kathy, thank you! I can't wait to see Ronda and Nathan.

Sis. Smith, we will have fun, for sure! Love you!

Patti said...

I am glad that you enjoyed your weekend with family and friends. There never seems to be enough time to visit, you always want just another five minutes with them. Enjoy your time with sister and brother-in-law.

Jana Allard said...

Nice to hear you are doing well.