I have been a Pastor's wife for many years, and have enjoyed it very much. There were the normal days of taking care of the needs of the church, or phone calls that came in or I needed to make, and usually something to do for the church. All of which was enjoyable. Then, there were the days that you wish would never happen, because someone had a problem too big for them to solve by themselves, and our hearts would ache watching them struggle with "life" and we felt so incapable of "helping" them. Those were the times we just had to "be there". Pastoring, loving people, and being loved by people has been a JOY that only a Pastor and his wife can know. I didn't know how I was going to feel once we resigned our wonderful church, and didn't really know what to expect. I can definitely say..... my life is changing!
It feels strange at times not having a church to "care" for. I find myself wondering how the saints are doing, yet know there is nothing I can do for them now, except pray. (which I have done) I find myself thinking about things I could do if I was at "home", but.....I AM at "home". I find myself wanting to be at church in "my church", but I no longer have "my church". It's just a crazy, mixed up world for me right now, but I am fine! :) How can I say "I'm fine" with all that is happening in my life? Because, I know God has called us to do what we're doing. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that what we have been asked to do in serving the wonderful Texas District, is the "will of God". There is a peace in knowing HE picked us up and moved us to where HE wanted us to be! So, I may sound a little "mixed up" at times...when I write, or there might be a tear-drop that falls, but I really am doing fine.
Today, I've had a "busy, yet quiet day"...... I've been BUSY preparing to speak at a Ladies Tea at The Apostolic Church in Beaumont, and I had to find my way around town to do a little "shopping". I was BUSY "checking on my husband" to see if he was ready to go eat :) I was BUSY "talking" to the office staff for a few minutes. I was also BUSY "visiting" with the realtor I will use when I buy a house. I really liked her and she showed me a home I would like to have. My "BUSY-ness" today has been nice, because it pretty much was a "stress-free, day". That's the reason I can call my day a "BUSY.....Yet Quiet Day".
9 comments:
I know this is a huge adjustment, but I also know you are going to be just fine. I can't imagine leaving the precious people in my church and I know that had to be the most difficult thing to do. You are in my prayers for continued strength and peace.
What an adjustment! Now you have a lot more saints, all of us. I would LOVE to have you come and speak to our ladies. I think you have so much to offer. I have a feeling you may not have many quiet days so just as when you were pastor's wife you should enjoy each one that comes your way.
I agree. Enjoy your "quiet" time, for it probably won't be quiet for much longer! If you do get "bored," you can come see me!!! Love you...
Well, I think that we at Life Tabernacle will look forward to you speaking at one of our Ladies' Teas in the future! As soon as your house sells, you will have even more to keep you busy! Love you and miss you!
I have to AMEN Michelle! I am sure you can come and speak at our ladies tea in the future!
I'm glad for the stress free day that you had. What a blessing in the midst of such change. Praying for you. *hugs* Steph
Jana, it is a huge adjustment, and I appreciate your prayers.
Sis. Smith, I'm sure I would enjoy being with you and your ladies sometime. Thank you for you nice comment. Hope you're doing good!
Carla, you may find me on your door step one day! LOL! Love you!
Michelle and Julie K, it would be MY HONOR to get to speak at one of the tea's someday. Anytime I'm able to go "home" and see those I love will be wonderful! I'm looking forward to the day my house sells! Keep praying! Miss ya'll, too. Love you!
Stephanie, good to hear from you! Love you!
You deserve MANY stress-fre days with all the transition in your life. I, too, second the motion: I would love to see you come back "home" and speak to us at one of our teas! My prayers are still with you and Bro. Elms in the selling of your home. Love you bunches!
Janet, thank you for your prayers and wanting me to come back home for a Tea someday. We'll just have to see what unfolds. Love you!
Post a Comment