Monday, May 12, 2008

Moving On

Today is a good day! After all the events of the last few weeks, I can say with all my heart, "Everything's Gonna Be Alright". Yesterday morning while getting ready for church I picked up my Bible to see if there was anything God would speak to my "aching heart". As I said in the last post, I was not looking forward to being in church. Please do not take offence to that statement, because it wasn't that I didn't want to be "in the house of God", or neither was it because I didn't want to "see my friends" at church. It was all because I didn't want to say goodbye to all the wonderful people in my life. So, I picked up my Bible, thumbed through the pages, and nothing jumped out at me, so I started reading. I didn't have time to read ALL the words so I decided to read just the "red letter" portion of scripture. Here is what "jumped" out at me....."Woman, why weepest thou?.........Peace be unto you!" At that moment I knew He was watching over me and once again I could say, "Everything's Gonna Be Alright"! I continued getting dressed, got in my car and as I drove to "my church" for the last service of being "the Pastor's wife of Life Tabernacle", the Lord brought to my remembrance the Tuesday night service at The Apostolic Church in Beaumont. Here is what happened:

God spoke directly to my husband in a powerful way through tongues and interpretation, two times. After He was finished speaking, His presence lingered. We were wrapped in His arms and we knew "Everything's Gonna Be Alright". As I stood in His presence, Jonathan took the hand of a little lady who is used mightily of God in the gifts of the spirit, and brought her to me. When she layed her hand on me she spoke PEACE to my mind, my heart, my spirit. It was beautiful and powerful and from God directly to me! All who were there will testify that "His presence filled the Tabernacle"! No one knew what we were facing except for Jonathan and Brenda and we knew God was in control of our lives. Let me say that this happened BEFORE District Conference. We knew God was going to lead us and guide us into the future of our lives.

So, let me just say today.....He has taken control of our steps, and the steps of Life Tabernacle. Through much prayer, unity, and seeking the face of God for the future of the "church in Wichita Falls" the WILL of GOD will be accomplished!!! Life Tabernacle has come too far in the "spirit of unity" to allow ANYTHING to distract it from the PERFECT will of God! God's promises to the church through the years are going to come to pass! I feel His presence as I write today. He spoke to us as a church and said, "I have given you this city"! In just four weeks, EVERY DOOR in Wichita Falls will have been knocked by persistent, dedicated saints of Life Tabernacle, and the people who live behind those doors will have been given the opportunity to come in contact with Truth! God has given us THIS CITY! Don't give up on the promises of God, Life Tabernacle! Bro. Elms and I are looking forward with great expectation to what is going to take place! I believe with all my heart, there is still going to be the greatest harvest you have ever seen. The waters in the baptistry will not be still for long, because of those who will be asking to be baptized. The altars will be filled with hungry people and they will be filled with the Holy Ghost and fire!!!! Stay close to the heartbeat of God, He will direct your hearts to your next Pastor who will love you, and lead you on into REVIVAL!!!

I will close for now. THANK YOU all for your prayers and support over the last few weeks. Please keep us in your prayers as we continue to follow Him, and as we make the move to our next "Adventure With God".

1 comment:

Karla said...

WOW!! I'm sitting in my office at work praying no one comes in right now. I know God is in control and "everything's gonna be alright"!!

Glad you are feeling His direction and leading.

Love you!