It's hard to say how much FUN we have had today with Nathan and Ronda being here. Wendell and I started the morning off at the office getting some work finished before we got with Nathan and Ronda for the rest of the day. Once we did, we had a wonderful time just being together. After a nice lunch at the Lufkin Airport, where there are delicious hamburgers, and the fun of watching small planes fly in and taxi up to the door of the little restaurant, we drove around some familiar "stomping grounds" in Lufkin. We then went back to the camp ground and showed them the new TBC offices, then walked into the Tabernacle to see the Hospitality Room recently remodeled. Oh the memories that flooded all our minds of "days gone by" at the "ole' camp ground"!
By the time we did all of this we made our way to Broaddus, TX to eat at
"Catfish Junction".

Mark and Diane Green met us and it was so much fun being there. The food was delicious and the company was even better!

I think everyone that walked into the restaurant knew the Green's! As Diane said, "Mark is the Pastor of Broaddus". I can see that everyone there loves them!!! Of course, they should because they are VERY loveable. Thank you Mark and Diane for a wonderful time and for the meal. You are s-o-o-o-o kind, and a blast to be with!
Oh yes! By the time we got back to "town" we decided we couldn't go home without an ice cream from Dairy Queen, so Y-E-S we DID eat a HOT FUDGE SUNDAE! We just couldn't resist! Between all the eating, driving, eating, traveling, eating, and more eating.....we were almost hysterical with laughter! LOL!!! At times I didn't think I was going to get my breath, but it would eventually come!
Oh what MEMORIES we made today. I hate to see Nathan and Ronda leave, but I'm glad we had a few more hours of "life" to ENJOY once again.
To enjoy more of this day, you will want to visit Ronda. I'm sure she will be posting soon!
7 comments:
I would think during this stressful, transition in your life, getting to spend some time with your sister is just what the doctor ordered. Glad you had a good visit.
Glad you had fun!!!! Mark and Diane are so much fun to be with, too. I thought about you guys several times yesterday. Give Ronda a hug before she leaves for me. Hopefully I'll see you @ camp meeting. Trent's wedding is one week from today. I may get to Lufkin and collapse in the room! ha Whoever said being the Mother of the Groom didn't require work???
Looks like a blast! Too bad we all couldn't have got together at once! Mark and Diane are some our favorite people to be around...oh, and y'all too! LOL! Glad it was so much fun.
Looks like you all had a great time!!!
I agree with Jana ... laughter is good medicine. I had a little dose myself when Jeanetta and Darrell were here. Times with family and close friends are special times. I love to laugh to the point I'm hurting. lol
I'm glad you had some of that 'special' time. =)
Sis. Elms I'm glad that yall had fun. Uncle Mark and Aunt Diane are my favorites to be around and are so much fun. Catfish junction is also a great place to eat. I to there everytime I go and visit there.
Glad you are having fun, fun, fun!!! We have eaten at the airport also, they do make a good burger! We will see y'all at campmeeting if not before. We are just going to be there the last couple of days.
Post a Comment