This week has come to a close and tomorrow afternoon Andrew and Mandy will be home with the young people from North Carolina. They will be picking up Alayna and Ashlyn and my house will be emptying out a little. We take Savanna to meet Jonathan and Brenda on Monday, then will come home to a totally empty house. I'm sure it will seem quiet for several hours after arriving back home. We have had so much fun!! I just can't say the joy I've had in taking care of these sweet girls. I have missed not having Scarlet here, but maybe I can get her for a few days sometime. People have asked how I am doing with two little girls, and one baby this week. Well, I am doing very well! I am very proud to say that I haven't "lost the touch"! LOL! There is a lot of work to do, but the rewards of smiles and love I receive back is all I need to know all I do is appreciated. The girls have been exceptionally good and Savanna and Alayna have played every minute they were awake. They went to bed exhausted every night. LOL! I've enjoyed watching them with each other. They were like siamese twins and stayed by each others side constantly. Ahhhhh....the joy of grandchildren is just too deep to explain. Thank you God for giving them to me.
My husband has been incredible helping me this week with the girls. I told him I would not have been able to do it without him! THANK YOU my wonderful husband for being a great Papa! You're so sweet and I love you more each day.
3 comments:
Glad ya'll had a good time babysitting the grandkids. Abigail really enjoyed seeing Savanna at church, she has been talking about her at home.
So now I'll be looking for some pictures I hope you had time to make this week. lol
I know you had your hands full, but your post says it so well ... the rewards were great. I look forward to seeing the girls, hopefully some day before too much longer.
I enjoy your posts and especially enjoyed the "What's Important" from last Monday. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. You never know who it's touching.
Kathy
There is nothing like your grandchildren. They are so special!!
I'm glad you got to enjoy yours. We miss all their little special traits when we are not around them on a daily basis. I always appreciate their mothers so much more after I have mine for a day or two..LOL.
Post a Comment