Monday, August 27, 2007

Anne of Green Gables....the Drama

Tonight we went to "Anne of Green Gables....the Drama" in Charlottetown, PEI. It is one of the best drama's I've been to. The girl that plays Anne acts just like the "Anne" on the video and it is so much fun watching her spunk! We are suppose to leave the island tomorrow, which makes me a little sad. Being here is almost like "heaven". I said this to the Camp Meeting and Mary and Darlene brought me the first verse and taught me the tune. Tonight I received the whole song from Darlene. I love this little song. It tells just a little bit about PEI. Hope you enjoy it!

"Prince Edward Island Is Heaven to Me"

They talk about Texas, Kentucky and Maine
They talk about London, Paris, and Spain
But there's a little Island I long there to be
Prince Edward Island is Heaven to me

The scenes are so pretty, the fields are so green
The roads are so winding with such pretty scenes
The air is so pure and the people so gay
Prince Edward Island I'm coming to stay

There's swimming and hunting and fishing galore
The sun shines so bright on its long golden shore
The Lord made this Island for all men to see
Prince Edward Island is Heaven to me

The soil is so fertile, so rich and so rare
It yields such potatoes of which none can compare
The tourists are welcome to walk it's red soil
While farmers are happy to work and to toil

There's thousands of Islands in this land of ours
Like dots on the ocean and dew on the flowers
A touch of God's great hand this Island must be
Prince Edward Island is Heaven to me!!!!!!!!!!


Sometime you ought to get on a plane (yes, I said it) and fly over to PEI and see what I'm talking about. Or maybe get a tour group together.....??

Speaking of "tour groups"......tonight at the drama I sat next to a group of Amish people who had chartered a bus from Ohio to PEI. I had a really nice time visiting with the young ladies I was sitting next to. I found out that not all Amish live without electricity, and that they use the Bible for their "book" to live by. I also found out that in some groups of Amish they no longer do the "shunning" I've read about. They also told me that some of the Amish in Pennsylvania hold to the "old-line" beliefs more than the group they were with. They all had so much fun at the drama tonight. They laughed and laughed, sometimes uncontrollably, and to tell you the truth it was so refreshing to see them having "the time of their life"! The people around us were "getting a kick" out of the Amish having so much fun. When I have seen the Amish people, most of the time they were very serious and "shy", but tonight I saw a different side to them, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It didn't matter how different they looked, for when they were having a "good time" it affected everyone who was sitting around them.

6 comments:

Karen Prince said...

I love Anne of Green Gables!
Sounds like y'all had a great time.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Love,
Karen

Linda Elms said...

Karen, I wish you could come see the drama. You would love it! It's also good hearing from you. Love you!

Mandy said...

Glad you all are having a good time. We can't waqit til you get home you all are really missed! Our Love and Prayers are with you both! Give yourself a hug for us!

Linda Elms said...

Oh Mandy! I miss you too! I'm getting homesick! Love you back!

Michelle said...

Sounds like ya'll are having a blast. I also love Anne of Green Gables, who doesn't? Love and miss ya'll!

Patti said...

The girls and I love Anne of Green Gables. I have the movies, but I would like to see the drama. Have fun and enjoy your trip.