I just wanted to say that I've been having a wonderful time in California with my family. I'm borrowing a computer to check my blog and email, so I cannot post pictures at this time. I will be posting as soon as I can get the time and get my computer. I will be flying home in the morning, so when you say your prayers please say a prayer for my safety. If you know me very well you know I do not like to fly. My flight out here was good, so that helped my feelings about it all. :) Something I thought was funny....there is a mountain range not far from my uncle's house. We were driiving down the freeway and I was feeling kind of "weird" when I looked at the mountain. Just after I had that feeling Karla spoke up and said, "I don't know if I like that mountain right there or not"!! I couldn't believe my ears! We got so tickled and laughed just thinking how we felt like it was TOWERING above us. Since then we've made comments about the mountain getting closer, and clOSER, and CLOSER! We both decided we like "home, home on the range"! Isn't it crazy how you get use to where you live and feel much more comfortable when you're in those "familiar" surroundings? That's just a little something that has happened since we've been together.
My mind goes to many years ago when Jonathan, our son, was about 2 years old. We were travelling through West Texas where you could see for miles. Jonathan was standing between Wendell and me on the "hump" on the floorboard and he started singing a song we had taught him. I can still hear his little voice as he started singing......"And I saw miles, and miles of Texas. All the stars up in the sky. I saw miles and miles of Texas. Gonna live here till I die!" It was so cute! I guess that's what I'm going to do, "live here till I die" and LOVE every minute of it. I enjoy the wide open plains, the beautiful sunsets in the BIG sky, and I love watching the cattle roam the range, with cowboys on horseback riding out into the sunset!! TEXAS......my HOME!
5 comments:
Never seen so much traveling going on till I started reading these blogs :} Next time you get a hankering for travel...Florida panhandle! We have rivers and hills, but no mountains, so you should feel safe!!!
Tell Uncle C.W. I said, "Hi." It's been awhile since I have seen him.
Just stopping by--sounds like a great time away. I love the story of your son---reminds me of my 15 year old when he was two singing "Home on the range" over and over after some surgery he had!! love the memories!!
I'm so sad that we didn't get to see all of you! Wish you could have visited us in church Sunday!
Love you all!!
Roxana, I will be at General Conference. Will you be there? If so, maybe I will see you there.
Ashley, I'm sure he would love to see you.
Rindy, thanks for more "child memories". Aren't kids great? Thank you for stopping by.
Katie, wish we could have seen ya'll. We had a great time. It was good seeing Bro. and Sis. Booker. Maybe we'll see each other at conference.
Post a Comment