I was taught and have lived my life being careful to not focus on me, but to focus on others. It's not fun being around a person that is always talking about themselves. But, today I am bringing attention to a truth that has been around a long time. We've all heard the quote, "If it's to be, it's up to me". After spending a time of "focus" for what we want to happen in our church and city, this is the question I asked in PrimeLife (my Sunday School class) this past Sunday.
What will I do to make MY vision come to pass?
This is the question we MUST ask ourselves. So many times we expect others to make things happen in our church, in our city, and in our lives. This should not be! I am responsible for what happens in MY church, MY city, MY life! We don't want to face this truth, but if I want something to happen then I must do MY part to see it happen. God give us strength and focus to do WHATEVER IT TAKES!
You will not stand before God with the people from your church standing beside you. You will stand before God by yourself. What will your answer be? Will He say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant?"
7 comments:
A great big "AMEN" from me! I want to do a work for the Kingdom - it's the only thing that matters. This earth will pass away - only what's done for Christ will last. Great post! I bet you're a great teacher!:) (Like your sister:)).
Great Post Sis. Elms! Thanks for reminding me of the prize.
Great post, Sis. Elms. I want to be found faithfully working for Him when He returns.
I couldn't agree more!
I love it Sis Elms!
Amen. I want to do my part!
Faithful, committed, and working for God is the most fulfilling life to live. Thank you all for your comments!
Post a Comment