Monday, January 08, 2007

ONE DAY!


Oh my, we are so EXCITED! Alayna called this morning and she almost couldn't contain herself. She said, "Mimi, just one more day! Tomorrow we get our baby!" Ahhhhh....she doesn't know her little world is about to change, but she will love it and so will we!

To have another grandchild to love is absolutely wonderful. When we had Savanna 5 years ago I thought my heart would burst with the love I felt. The family was going through a very hard time, because Mother was in hospice and we knew her days would not be much longer. Savanna was born 3 weeks before Mother passed away. The emotions of being with Mother in the last days of her life, then going home to our new born grand-daughter, to hold her, to sing to her, to pray for her, and to lose myself for just a few hours a day was a blessing from our most precious Lord. He knew what I needed in those days of grief. He definitely "turned my mourning into dancing".

Pardon my reflections today, but so many memories flood my mind.

Alayna came along when things were happening that I had no control over, and once again "sunshine" sent its warm rays through the windows of my world.

August '04, Daddy passed away and the grief and pain was so deep that it was almost unbearable, then Scarlet was born bringing a healing "calm" to my broken heart.

Savanna, Alayna, and Scarlet have their own special and unique personality. They are all beautiful, happy, silly, cute, and so different in many ways. They make me smile and even laugh until I am totally lost in the "moment".

Now, I'm wondering, "who" is this little one that's coming into our world in just a few hours, and what will they be like?

5 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Get the Kleenex out! You have now caused all of us to experience your excitement and anticipation.

Tammy Bryant said...

The pictures are beautiful and the one with only Alayna definitely catches her passion for life. I love it!
This new little one will definitely be just another reason to "enjoy" life.

Ashley said...

The pictures are beautiful! I can't wait to see the new baby. I know that this one will bring as much excitement to her heart as the girls have.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics. Bless you all at this time.

Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the new little one. Love ya'll and hope ya'll are feeling better this morning.