Wednesday, August 05, 2009

For Those Who Still Read My Blog

Busy, busy, busy! Once again I've been too busy to turn on my computer and blog! If anyone is still reading my blog, the following is what I've been "busy" doing.
This past weekend we went to Houston so we could attend Jared Gurley's wedding. Ronda, Nathan and Nathaniel flew in from California, so Wendell and I went to visit with them. Gene and Karla also drove down from Wichita Falls, and Jonathan and Brenda came, so I'm sure it's needless to say, but we had a really nice time! Sometimes you need to be with family and this was one of those times. Something weird happened with my camera, but I still wanted to add this picture. This is what we did a lot of the time we were together. We always have so much fun!We got home Saturday. Took care of a few things then packed and headed to Wichita Falls to do some packing in our house. We haven't sold it yet, but we felt like we needed to go and pack! We arrived in Wichita Falls in time for the evening service at Life Tabernacle and surprised everyone! It was so nice getting to be in church at "home". Gene invited Wendell to say a few words and asked us to sing, so we did. It felt natural being there. :) We definitely felt loved! I didn't take a lot of pictures. I was either too busy talking and having fun, or working to much to think of it.

Monday rolled around and Rita and Tammy came over to help me with the house. Rita is amazing when it comes to packing the kitchen! It's amazing how many things she can get packed into a box! LOL! Tammy and I listened for instructions from her and did what she told us to do. :) Thank you, Rita and Tammy for your help! I could have done it, but it would have taken all week to get it done!

On Tuesday, Rita came back over and finished the kitchen while I went through the house getting rid of stuff we didn't need or want. We got so much done!!!!
Wendell worked HARD in the garage and anywhere else he found to work! That is just ONE of the many things I admire about my husband. He is a hard worker! I got a picture of him sitting in his "easy chair" that he misses so much. I love you, Wendell! Kenny came over and helped Wendell with moving some heavy boxes. Thank you, Kenny! I really miss my Music Room at home. Maybe someday I'll have another one. That will be nice! We drove home today. It was kind of quiet. We were tired, thoughtful, and ready to be back home in the "swing of life". We are praying ernestly that the house will sell SOON! It's a beautiful home, and it's very comfortable, and liveable, so someone ought to buy it. Maybe it won't be too much longer. I'm sure God knows exactly what is going on and I trust Him in all things. The "perfect timing" on His calendar usually isn't the "perfect timing" on our calendars. The "will of God" is wonderful to live in, so we are waiting on Him. I'm glad we know that He is in control of our lives. There is no way to explain the peace and contentment we feel, even though our circumstances are not perfect...from the "human way of thinking". If we could see what God see's we might understand "why" He does things the way He does. I just think it's best to "trust Him" completely with our lives. It feels "safer" resting in His hands!

Eight years ago on August 5th, Mother went home to be with the Lord. I miss her greatly! I would love to sit down and talk to her and tell her everything that has been happening in our family. I look forward to the day when we will all meet again..."in front of the throne". We will be able to talk for eternity!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sis Elms,
I love to read your blog. When I've had a hard day at the office and I see your blog has been updated I know that there are kind words in store. Many times over I have read your encouraging words at just the right moment. You are an inspiration.

Blessings

Eric Bolenbaucher

Keith and Carla said...

I STILL read your blog! Love what you have to write, when you get the chance.

So glad you were able to have a "little" family time. The older (???) I get, the more important family and friends become.

We're still praying for your house to sell. Glad you & Bro. Elms had some help in packing. Love you!!!

Linda Elms said...

Eric, what a surprise to hear from you! Thank you for such kind words. I'm so glad my blog has been an encouragement to you! WOW! I really appreciate you writing. I hope you're doing well.

Linda Elms said...

Carla, it's always good hearing from you! We really appreciate ya'll praying for our house to sell. Love you!

Tracie Smith said...

I'm glad you enjoyed being with your family! Waiting and believing for your home to sell. God does have a perfect plan and hopefully it will not be long. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Of Course, I am still reading! Glad you are on FB too! Love you! Deb from Beaumont!

iluv2prshim said...

Just read this. We had a great time with ya'll. Yes! I still read your blog when I have a chance. :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sis. Elms,
I still read your blog and get great encouragement from your postings. I'm still praying for your house to sell. (Been there, done that, but God was right on time!)

Rachel Hill
Willis, TX