Sunday, August 09, 2009

I Choose to Be Happy

Before going to bed tonight I wanted to stop by my blog and say, I'M SO THANKFUL for this week. I've had a wonderful time "attending National Youth Congress" via Facebook. Sometimes I almost felt like I was there in Nashville, TN as I read all the comments, and heard all the reports about the powerful services and preaching! As I would read my heart was "made glad" to know there are thousands of young people, pastors, and youth ministers who love Truth and are not going to leave it, or let the world intimidate them for "who they are"!

Then, I heard from California about the awesome Western District Camp Meeting, and my heart was "made glad" to hear about the unity that was felt, and the powerful, anointed services they had. I love hearing great reports!

God is doing incredible things in our churches, our young people, and our districts and we are all feeling the affect of it from coast to coast!

As I "surfed" the comments about Youth Congress, one of the people who was there told how wonderful it was, and as she came to the end of her comments she said these words...."Let the naysayers and critics just be quiet!" :) And, I say a hearty "AMEN"!

I have had no one say anything to me negatively about what is happening in our ranks, so now I can feel free to say what I want to say, and you won't think I'm talking about someone in particular. Isn't that the way we all think sometimes? (I wonder who she's talking about? :)

So here is what I want to say...

There is nothing more frustrating or stressful than to be around someone who is always finding fault with something you enjoyed! Some people seem to find so much joy in taking away yours by constantly jabbing and making light of the things God is doing. I've lived long enough to realize I don't have to have "friends" who talk negatively about what I've loved all my life. When I do happen to be around someone of this attitude, I always go home feeling like I need to pray and ask God to wash my mind of this kind of talk and spirit! I don't know if any of you have ever felt that way, but I have. The people with a "good report" are the ones I want to "hang around". I don't have to be with anyone who clutters my mind with negative, critical talk.

Wow! What have I gotten myself into? :) I wasn't going to write all of this tonight, but it's true and I think there's a whole lot of people out there who feel exactly the same as I do!

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! (Psa 133:1)

Remember, I haven't had anything happen that would make me want to write this tonight. I just feel like it's time to speak up for "what is right", stand up for "who we are", and not give in to anything or anyone that wants to destroy the truth we all hold so dear. The only way anyone can destroy what I have is if I let them! I refuse to let that happen!

I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY!

Want to join me? I'd love to have you along for the ride.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister! You don't know me at all, I'm from Indiana and I stumbled upon your blog thru someone else's and I love to read what's on your mind. I agree 100%!!! I love truth and am so thankful for our leaders who have continued upholding truth. My father is a minister (at one time a missionary) and my husband is a minsister but I'm so thankful I got a love for the truth at a young age. My desire is to ALWAYS walk in truth.

Keith and Carla said...

I have nothing to add to this but, "AMEN!!!"

Tracie Smith said...

and how did I miss this??? Been out of town! Well said!

Lori Maxwell said...

Amen and Amen!