Friday, August 14, 2009

A Sunshine Day

I am tired tonight from a very busy day, but such a fulfilling one. I always look forward to the days when I know people will be coming to Lufkin, no matter what meeting it might be. So, today I had the privilege of being with the Texas District Leadership from every department. They came together for the 2010 Department Planning Session. Whether we want to think about it or not, 2010 is just around the corner, so the leaders have been praying, thinking, and planning for another GREAT year in the Texas District!

The meetings started out with hearing a short, annointed message from Bro. Russo, our Superintendent. He spoke with passion and gave direction to those who are willing to follow. Thank you Bro. Russo for being a great leader! After he finished speaking and had a time of prayer, the committee's went to their assigned rooms to plan.

I was asked to sit in on the Ladies Ministries committee meeting and had a wonderful time. I love listening to minds as they click together in unity forming the new year! Donna Myre is the Ladies President of Texas and she does a fantastic job. Thank you, Donna for your service and for making me feel special today.

After the meeting I went to eat with my husband, then dropped him off at the motorhome and went to Logan's to meet the ladies once again. I wasn't finisthed being with friends, so I had to take advantage of visiting just a little bit longer. If you have followed my blog for very long you have realized I LOVE being with friends when I get a chance. :)

This is just a little update on what happened in my life today. I am thankful I had this opportunity to spend just a little of my time with great people!

Oh...and to top my day off...there was a BEAUTIFUL SUNSET as the day came to a close! Thank you Jesus! I know you love me!

No comments: