Dear Preacher and Preacher's Wife,
My heart has been stirred this week and I feel so inadequate to write what I feel on my heart tonight, but several times this week it has been confirmed. Earlier in the week I said to my husband, "I am not afraid of the younger generation not believing it like they should. What concerns me is that those our age, and some just younger than us, and some just older than us won't give a clear and certain sound to them!" I went on to say, "This generation wants to hear it preached just like we heard it when we were growing up! We LOVED hearing what we believed, and why we believed it!"
Yes, in our generation there were those who were carnal and didn't always live for God. There were those who were always playing around with the world, but there was always a large group of young people who just kept on living for God, because we had preacher's who preached the Word, and preacher's wives who lived it!
I sat in Youth Camps this year and listened as the Word of God was preached with passion, and the young people LOVED it! They were into the preaching with all their hearts. They were hungry for what they were hearing and accepted it. They were in the altars consecrating their lives to God, and giving up things that hindered their walk with Him.
I have sat and listened to our young preacher's and preacher's wives talk and what I've been hearing is that they WANT to hear the "older generation" give a CERTAIN SOUND! Our young preacher's and preacher's wives want to know what being a true Apostolic means. They love a clear sound!
So many times the "older generation" shakes their heads with disbelief as they look at the "younger generation" because "they just don't have it like we had it". I must disagree! They LOVE God as much as we loved Him! They LOVE Apostolic moves of the Holy Ghost, just like we loved it! They LOVE to hear the preaching of the Word of God that declares the plan of salvation - repentance, baptism in Jesus Name, and the infilling of the Holy Ghost! They love hearing Biblical doctrine preached - the oneness of God, Who He is, and what His Name is! And...they LOVE to hear the doctrine of separation from the world, just like we loved it! They want to know just like we wanted to know!
Let me ask? How can they know unless they hear it preached by those they trust and love? How can they understand what true Apostolic worship is if they do not see it from us who are older? How will they know how to pray and intercede if they don't see us in travailing prayer? HOW WILL THEY KNOW?
My heart has been stirred this week, first of all from God, and secondly from others who I have heard speak about this very thing! I humbly, yet passionately cry.....PREACHER....PREACH THE WORD as if it was your last time to Preach! Preach in LOVE and PASSION! Don't be confused and frustrated from the voices that speak against you!
If OUR GENERATION doesn't show the way, there will be no path to follow!
I am such a small voice crying in the darkness of this world. But, I would be so thankful if my few words would penetrate someone's heart to be encouraged tonight.
7 comments:
Very inspiring! Thanks for your sincerity. Love you!
Thank you Sis. Elms!!!! So well said.
Love you,
Shirley Patrick
Thank you Sis. Elms. Preacher's and Preacher's wives Please continue to preach the Gospel the way you have always preached it. Some many preachers are letting down on the standards, and the word of God because they say they that they really don't know what sin is anymore. We live in a different generation now, but they must know they Old Time Preaching. to be saved from this wicked world.
Thank you, ladies! I just know what I feel in my heart and write it at times. Love you all!
Wow! I have felt this very thing on my heart this past week.
I say a big "AMEN"!
Karen, thank you! Love you!
As a young person... I totally agree.
Post a Comment