Friday, May 15, 2009

Wonderful Birthday!!!

I had a WONDERFUL Birthday! The Lord knew "just what I needed" for my birthday, so He sent me MANY friends to let me know I wasn't alone.

The kids couldn't be here today because of their schedules, and let me say....I DO UNDERSTAND! We pastored for a long time and understand how things can be, and having children in school, it's almost impossible to celebrate on the DAY of your birthday! Really, what else is new? I was talking to one of my sisters today and we talked about "not getting to celebrate our special days ON our special day". It has been that way a lot of our lives. We were either at church, at conference, at an important meeting, AT this...AT that...so our "special days" were celebrated either before or afterwards! We understood we were still loved just as much by our parents, husbands, or children when this happened. It was just the "life of a preacher" and we have accepted it as such.

I talked to my sons and their wives, and my granddaughters on my birthday. Hearing their voices was like music in my ears, and love in my heart! It's always good to hear their voices as they sing or say "H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y"! :) I get a really "happy heart" when this happens! THANK YOU my sweet kids and granddaughters for making my day SPECIAL!

Ronda and Karla called and talked to me, making my day that much more special! It's so neat having "sisters"! We think so much alike. It's amazing. I love you both!!!! You are both so beautiful, and I'm proud of you. You mean the world to me!

I went to the Post Office to pick up the mail today and found a card from my dear friend, Karen. It was so special getting this card from her. We have a "special treat" we like to eat when we're together and she sent me the money to enjoy that "treat" since she wasn't here to celebrate with me. Karen, you brought a big smile to my face when I opened my card from you! THANK YOU for being a "true friend" to me. I love you!

My husband finally gave me my gifts from the Russo's!! I had to wait till the day OF my birthday to get them. :) He is so funny! Sis. Russo has been so thoughtful in making me feel special and I love her so much. They are great people and I want to say here on my blog that I appreciate her and Bro. Russo. Thank you, both for loving us and accepting us for "who we are". You're wonderful! Thank you for the gifts. I love my books, notecards, traveling bag, little butterfly pin, and bookmark. It's all very nice.

We went to the TBC Graduation Banquet tonight and when we were shown where we were going to sit, I noticed a card at my plate. I picked it up and it was a card from another dear friend, Diane Green! Diane, you are something else! I don't think you ever forget one thing. As busy as you are, yet you would take the time to buy ME a card and stop at Starbuck's and buy me a "gift card"....you amaze me! Thank you my sweet friend for "being here" for me this year. I love you!

I received another beautiful card from Rita, a friend that has stood by me and my family through the years! "Rita, when I saw your handwriting on the outside of the envelope I missed you so much. Your card was full of love and I felt it all the way from "home"! Thank you for thinking of me and showing me how much you care. You're very special to me, and I love you!"

My phone rang this morning and it was my "life-long friend", Vicki! I LOVE IT when she calls! Her voice makes me happy. If you know her, you know what I'm talking about. When I answer my phone, and it's her, I hear..."What are you doin'?" It makes me smile. "Vicki, thank you for making my day more special by calling and letting me know you were thinking about me.

Wendell was so sweet to me today and told me to go buy me a new iPhone for my birthday, so I thought about it for a SECOND and.........WENT! LOL! I had the "original iPhone" and I could "upgrade" and I'm glad I did. I really do like it! Now, we are waiting for 3G service to come to Lufkin. The sales girl told us it's suppose to be here sometime this summer, and that will be really nice for me! I do all of my internet on an air card so when we get upgraded to 3G my computer will run faster online, and my phone will also be faster. I can't hardly wait!

I got so many "Happy Birthday Wishes" from so many people today that I'm afraid I cannot tell you who all wrote, called, sent cards, or just said, "Happy Birthday"! Just know that because of all of you I have had a WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC, LOVELY, HAPPY DAY!

6 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

So glad you had a wonderful day! You're a beautiful person inside and out!!! Love you!

Shirley Buxton said...

Lynda, I'm happy to tell you I've named you as a recipient of the Kreativ Blogger award. You are a wonderful writer, who obviously gives much thought to the content of your columns, and who then descriptively posts your observation.

Going beyond that, Lynda, I see you as a faithful, sincere Christian who is passionate about God and His work. I truly love that in you.

God bless you and your work for Him and for His kingdom.

Shirley Buxton said...

Well, this is marvelous. I make a great show of giving you an award, then misspell your name, and forget to give you a link. (she says as she slaps her forehead)

Here you are, Linda.
http://writenow.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/kreativ-blogger-and-ten-things-i-love/

Shirley Buxton said...

This is hilarious. Now I can't seem to make a link. Just click on my name. :(

Linda Elms said...

Carla, thank you for your sweet words! Love you!

Linda Elms said...

Sis. Buxton....WOW! I feel both honored and humbled by your words!! Oh my! To think YOU would say all those things about ME is very touching. Thank you for giving me this award. I am on my way to "get it" right now! Don't worry about "misspelling" my name. It's fine! LOL!