As we were sitting in McAlester's eating a Turkey Melt Sandwich a lady came to our table and said, "This may be a little strange, but are you Linda?" I couldn't believe my ears! "Wellll, yes I am." I answered. She said, "I'm connected to Ronda on Facebook and when I saw you walk in I knew you were Linda. I just love Facebook and all the old pictures people put on their page." My curiosity was killing me and I found out that Karen Doyle's father pastored in Clovis, CA right next door to Fresno where my dad pastored Truth Tabernacle! We had gone to all the Section 5 Fellowship meetings, youth rallies, and everything and anything our churches were having. She is more Ronda's age, but I remembered her parents well from our days in California!!!
Karen, it was great seeing you today! You brought back a lot of "memories" from so long ago and made "new memories" for us to treasure. Yes, I will be happy to meet you in Lufkin for lunch or dinner someday. :) Just write me on FB and I will get back with you!!!
2 comments:
Ahhh...I still remember that smile. :)
Oh my word!!!! Karen Doyle from Camp Meeting 1974 or 5?!?!?!? I think she went out with Gaylen Cantrell at that camp. Brian remembers that camp all too well. LOL He and Gaylen still laugh about stuff they did at that camp meeting. We really have trekked down memory lane with yours and Ronda's recent posts.
Post a Comment