I have been trying now for two days to make this post! Finally, I get to!!
I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. We were able to go to Jonathan and Brenda's to celebrate this special day, and it was nice being there in service with them and their church. The Mother's Day program was great and very enjoyable. One of the funniest things that happened was when the Children's Choir sang. Brenda's nephew and another little boy wanted the microphone at the same time, and when Kolby (sp) saw he was getting a lot of attention from everyone laughing at them he clowned more and more! It was SO funny! His dad went up and calmed him down, but we were all enjoying "the show". It was priceless! The kids all did a wonderful job in singing and in presenting their "fashion show". I love when children are up front. You never know what might happen and it keeps things very interesting. :)
After church we went to eat huge buffet at a beuatiful "elegant" hotel. While we were waiting for out table I sat down and was checking my phone, and when I looked up, standing in front of me was one of my favorite preacher's and a long-time family friend....Bro. A.D. Spears! I just couldn't believe it! It never crossed my mind that I might run into him in Beaumont on Mother's Day! He and Sis. Spears were there to be with their daughter, Adina. It was special seeing him. One of the reasons it was so special is because my Mother LOVED Bro. Spears! He preached for us in California before I was married, and Bro. and Sis. Spears became good friends with my parents and our whole family! When I saw him, it just made me happy! It was as if Mother was there with me. I know it might sound a little strange to some people, but when you've lost someone dear to you things like this can bring back a flood of "precious memories"! I enjoy it when this happens to me.
Sunday night, Missionary Howard Smith and his wife were the guest at The Apostolic Church. They were home from Spain for a couple of weeks and were heading back Monday morning. For those of you who know Drea Nutt, this is her parents. So, David and Drea were in church with her parents Sunday night. Of course, the Smith's were enjoying their granddaughters!
I really missed getting to be with Andrew, Mandy and the girls. There is no way for all of us to be together since both boys are in the ministry and are Pastor's. I would love to be with both of them on Mother's Day! Next year, the Lord willing, I will get to spend Mother's Day with them!!! I know they had a great "first Mother's Day" with their church. Andrew called me before church Sunday morning to talk and wish me a beautiful day, and I could hear the responsibility for the day in his voice. When I talked to him on Monday he told me they had two baptisms Sunday night!!! God is doing great things in their church.
There's a lot I could talk about, but I will stop here tonight. I will let the slideshow speak for itself. Enjoy!
2 comments:
I enjoyed your pics! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day.
Enjoyed the pictures!
Post a Comment