Saturday, May 09, 2009

Been Gone to Magnolia - Great times!

This week has swiftly passed by and the coming of the Lord is that much closer! Oh how I long to be in that Heavenly land singing with the saints around the throne. No, I don't want to go before everyone else, because when exciting things are happening I like to be in the middle of it all, so when the rapture takes place I want to there with the rest of the saints of God as we go "sailing through the air".

It's amazing to me how quickly time passes when you're having a good time! We have been in Magnolia with the Wehrle's for the last few days. I was privileged to speak at Karen's (Sis. Wehrle) Mother/Daughter/Friend Banquet on Thursday evening and I've had a wonderful time with her and her ladies. The banquet was decorated beautifully in an Asian theme. Every detail was meticulously placed down to the little goldfish swimming in their own fish bowl for the center pieces! They served Chinese food and it was all very good. We had some acrobats from "a long way off" who had "trouble" getting their "stunts" accomplished because of a "problem" with one of their backs!! LOL!

Bro. Wehrle and Bro. Elms even stepped in to watch them!We looked in on a Nail Salon when a "little lady" needed her nails done. The "Asisan nail specialist" (Stacie) was at her finest! Another GREAT re-enactment of the "finer things in life"! I didn't get a picture of them, but they were FABULOUS! LOL! There was a small orchestra that played a song from the 1600's venue, lead by Macki,(the Wehrle's little 5 year old granddaughter). She didn't miss a beat!!!At the finishing crescendo of the song a "girls trio" took it to another level with a modern day rendition of the 1600's song. WOW! They were AWESOME! Magnolia Apostolic Tabernacle Ladies Ministry did a fabulous job in every aspect of the banquet! The Wehrle's have trained wonderful leaders and can enjoy the "fruit of their labor". I am so thankful to have them as true friends. You never have to worry about what they are going to say that puts you on edge. They are wonderful to be around! I thank God for people such as them.

I have to tell you about Macki...She's a little "sweetheart" like my granddaughters, and when I saw her sitting at our table at the banquet I spoke to her, but she wasn't REAL happy. So, I said "What's wrong?" She said, "I wanted an umbrella in my dessert, too!" I looked at my dessert and noticed I had an umbrella. Of course, I took mine out and put it in hers and said, "How's that?" I took my camera out just in time to capture this HAPPY little girl with HER umbrella! Karen took me to eat on Thursday at a "homestyle" restaurant. The Heritage House was everything I think of when I think about "Grandma's house"! The food was delicous...even if one of their main specialties is "Chicken Fried Steak"! This was NOT a "FROZEN, ready to be cooked" Chicken Fried Steak, it was the REAL DEAL! SO GOOD!!!!!! Oh....and YES I ate one! :)

We have been staying with the Wehrle's in their home, because our motorhome was having some work done on it. They have treated us with grace and love. We have been able to relax with them, and feel more like family than friends. We've had a lot of laughter and times of talking about God and His Kingdom. We've talked about "life in the parsonage" and "remembered our heritage". One of the things I will hold very close to my heart is when I sat down at the piano and started playing and singing, then Karen joined me on the organ! We played song after song that we remembered growing up and had such an enjoyable time. As we played I felt the stresses of life fall away and we were lifted into a "timeless place"! The "old songs of yesterday" had a feel about them that I miss today. There's something in the words of the songs that bring comfort, conviction, strength, awe, longing for Heaven, thankfulness, praise, and worship! When we played about Heaven I felt "lifted up in my spirit" because I know I have HOPE beyond this life. When we played about the Blood, I felt thanksgiving as I realized my sins have been covered by His blood. When we played "I'm KNOW I'm SAVED and I'm so glad about it", I felt dancing in my heart to realize there is NO DOUBT that I know and have TRUTH in my life that will take me through the gates of HOME! Yes, we have had a wonderful, heavenly time being with our friends....Steve and Karen. Thank you wonderful friends for a "heaven on earth" experience. We love you!

Before I say goodbye for the day let me introduce you to my "new friend", Daisy! I love her! She belongs to the Wehrle's and I'm just a "tiny bit jealous". Maybe someday I will be able to have my "own dog". :)Note: I didn't take a lot of pictures at the banquet. I'm sorry, but I didn't want to look like "the reporter coming to town". I should have asked someone to take them for me. :( Sorry! Maybe I'll think of that in the future.

4 comments:

Karen Prince said...

How Fun! The ladies' meeting sounded real interesting!

Karen said...

Wow! I really have enjoyed your blog today!! Thanks for all of the kind words about our church and us! You just know how to make me feel so special!

Our ladies are still just 'buzzing' about how wonderful you were at our banquet. I won't give away what you talked about since you might want to use it somewhere else. But, I will say, each lady found themselves in what you had to demonstrate to us. We will never forget what you did for our spirits. You led us all the way to the foot of the cross and we were able to see the love in the eyes of Jesus Himself that He has for each one of us and how He can make us over again.

We really feel blessed that we have had you in our home for the past few days! It has been years since I have been able to sit down and play the piano and organ with someone else in my home. We really were carried away to heavenly places, weren't we!

Thanks for the break from the normal routine of life. I really do feel refreshed!

We are blessed to have such wonderful friends...uh, family! LOL!

I love y'all very much!

Tracie Smith said...

Sounded like a fun relaxed time! Yumm Heritage House! Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day.

Tammy Bryant said...

Awesome post! I can't wait to get down to Magnolia in a few weeks myself. I am reading to see all of my wonderful "new" friends.