Wednesday, April 22, 2009

HYC '09 and Texas District Conference '09

Holiday Youth Convention '09 was "rockin" from the beginning! It was AWESOME! The young people came ready to worship God!! The electrifying power of God was in each service and you could feel the hunger coming from those who came. We had quite a crowd! I've only heard estimated figures but I was told that we had somewhere around 3,000 in attendance. To God be the GLORY for the GREAT THINGS He is doing in TEXAS!

Bro. Michael Ensey is our District Youth President and he and his "team" did a fine job of leading HYC. I was very impressed with what I saw and what I heard this year. I loved the theme, "The Greatest Awakening" and decor too!

I love how they related to this generation of kids. The pulpit looked like a "Starbuck's coffee cup", but instead of Starbuck's logo they used "The Greatest Awakening...HYC 2009". One time they had to move it for the Cornerstone Sign Team and we saw the top of it and it looked like coffee was in it!! LOL! Wendell said, "I hope they don't spill it!" It was really neat looking, and I'm not even a "fan" of Starbuck's!

The message preached by Bro. Michael Ensey was phenomenal!!! He preached about holding on to what has been handed down to us, and at one point he had his young son come up and quote scriptures! He gave him a "special Bible" to "treasure". It was very touching! He also had his two grandfathers, and father come and stand with him and his son. It was neat seeing the generations of Pentecost standing together for righteousness and Truth! Generation to Generation...TRUTH MARCHES ON!

Bro. Scott Graham was the night speaker. Must I say anything else? He was anointed to preach to us and it was phenomenal!!!

I can honestly say that after HYC '09 I feel even more safe with the "younger generation of true Apostolics"! We are seeing a great revival and a love for Truth and I'm proud to be associated with the "younger generation"! I LOVE young people and their enthusiasm!!!!

Texas District Conference '09 was wonderful! There is unity in Texas and you can feel it when we all come together. I've said it over and over that "I love having everyone here", and I just had to say it again! Bro. Russo, our Superintendent preached a wonderful message about "sowing the seed", and it was so good. He is a "man after God's heart" and wants the very best for the Texas District. We love Bro. and Sis. Russo and enjoy working with them.

Bro. Carlton Coon was here to "conduct business" and he ministered to all who were there on Friday night. He spoke about "Wounded Eagles". He didn't "preach" but the anointing flowed through Him as He gave us the "message" God had given him for the ministers and wives. I will never forget it! If anyone went home early, or couldn't make it for "whatever reason", let me just say that Friday nights service was absolutely fantastic!!! I wish everyone could have experienced the presence of God and been there for the "laying on of hands" by our leaders. Spirits were healed and hearts were strengthened!

There were a lot of "old songs" sung, and it was very enjoyable. Please don't jump to conclusions and say that "Sis. Elms doesn't like NEW songs", because I do like a lot of them, but there is something about bringing out the "treasures of yesterday" and the leaders definitely pulled them out on Friday night! Speaking of "treasures"...it seems to me that a "treasure" is something you cherish for a lifetime. Once you know the value of a "treasure" you don't want to let it go! (just a thought)

One of the songs sung by Stephanie Clenney was:

"Oh Calvary, Oh Calvary won't you please, please speak to me.
Tell me how much I owe I want to repay.
Then an echo rings clear from the hills of old Judea...
Tell the lost, tell the lost, tell the lost."


I don't know when I have heard that song!! It's been forever and I loved it! Then a quartet made up of: Ken Colegrove, Randy Ensey, Gene Holley, and Mike McGuire sang and did awesome! One of the songs they did was:

'Twas a life filled with aimless desperation
Without hope walked the shell of a man;
Then a hand with a nailprint stretched downward,
Just one touch then a new life began.

And the old rugged cross made the difference
In a life bound for heartache and defeat;
I will praise Him forever and ever
For the cross made the difference for me.

Barren walls echoed harshness and anger
Little faces ran in terror to hide;
Now those walls ring with love, warmth and laughter,
Since the giver of life moved inside.

There's a room filled with sad, ashen faces
Without hope death has wrapped them in gloom;
But at the side of a saint there's rejoicing,
For life can't be sealed in a tomb
.


I cannot tell you the feeling that swept the crowd as they ministered in song! All I can say is we were lifted into the heavenlies.

Here is a slideshow for you to enjoy, but it sure doesn't show all the wonderful things that took place in our hearts!


I will make a separate slideshow from the Minister's Wives Breakfast...coming soon!

3 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Ditto to everything you wrote about these two events!!!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Wow, how exciting to hear about the events happening your way. It wore me out just thinking about them. Truthfully, it is so good to know that the Lord is moving on and blessing so many.

Mandy said...

I've enjoyed all the posts and the pics! If Brenda reads this the girl's dresses were just as cute as I pictured! You a lucky lady to have all that talent on your doorstep!