Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bobby and Elaine - Vidor, TX

A few weeks ago we were invited to minister at Bobby and Elaine Edwards church in Vidor. Bobby and Elaine have been our friends for many years. Elaine and I go WAY back when we were teenagers and she travelled with Bro. and Sis. A.D. Spears. They came to California and preached revivals, and several of those revivals was at my Dad's church in Fresno, CA. I was 14 when I first met Elaine, and she had her 18th birthday while there! Now, you know "the rest of the story". LOL!

At church the other night we were there when they announced they are going to be "GRANDPARENTS"! YES! We are so excited for them. This being their first grandchild to be born I want to welcome them to the "World of Crazy People!" There is nothing like being a grandpa/grandma! CONGRATULATIONS YOU CRAZY OLD PEOPLE! LOL!
Elaine even had her say about it! I don't know why she couldn't just stand up there and say "nothing"! LOL! EVERYONE was so excited and of course had to give them a "standing ovation"!After church we met Jonathan and his family and the The Wilbanks to eat and visit. We had a great time!

The "girls" table: Brenda, Renee Wilbanks, Elaine Edwards, and Jan (Elaine's sister)
The "men's" table: Bro. W. Elms, Bro. Jonathan Elms, Bro. Wilbanks, Bro. Edwards, Bro. Lamar Edwards
Our "Little Sweethearts" table: Savanna and ScarletWe sure had a nice time with everyone...Friends, Family and God...it can't get much better than that.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Okay. So I knew you & Elaine went waaaay back, but I don't think I knew how far!! LOL! Congratulations to the Edwards on the coming grandbaby.