Saturday after Texas Women's Conference closed we headed to Groves, TX to be with David and Sandra Myer's to celebrate their 35th Church Anniversary. The Myer's are wonderful people and we felt so honored to be a part of this great day. My husband and I, along with Bro. and Sis. Russo were asked to say a few words about the Myer's. Bro. Creekmore was the "special speaker" for this important day. After he finished speaking he had the Myer's and Jason come forward for a "special time of prayer".(I didn't get to take pictures during this time, so I "borrowed" from my friend, Jan Davis. I knew she would care! Thank you, Jan.)
We had a wonderful time of fellowship and being with friends!
Me, Jan, and Sandra Myer at the reception:
Bro. Elms and Bro. Myer: They knew each other when they were still "single"! Bro. Myer lived in the San Diego area when he was a young man. Isn't it neat how life brings people into our lives? 
Sandra Myer has been one of the ladies I have admired for many years, so when I was asked to speak about her I was so very honored and happy do so. As a tribute to a "very dear friend" I want to post what I feel about her.
We had a wonderful time of fellowship and being with friends!Me, Jan, and Sandra Myer at the reception:

Sandra Myer has been one of the ladies I have admired for many years, so when I was asked to speak about her I was so very honored and happy do so. As a tribute to a "very dear friend" I want to post what I feel about her.
“MY FRIEND – Sandra Myer”
I'm so happy to be given this opportunity…to say something about Sis. Myer. It’s easy to talk about someone you love and respect.
If Jesus were to walk through the doors of this sanctuary today to give honor to the lady I have the privilege of speaking about, I think this is just a little of what He would say:
“Sandra Myer is a TRUE WORSHIPPER!” Her love for ME is PURE! Her love for ME is UNCONDITIONAL! Her love for ME is UNSHAKEABLE! I have allowed her to “go through the fire” and she has come out of it as PURE GOLD!
She reminds me of two of my dearest friends who were “sisters”. Any time I was in the town in which they lived I would stop by their house, because I felt welcomed. I was served the best of meals and my every need was attended to. I also enjoyed the times of “visiting” with friends and loved ones as we would gather. Never have I been given more undivided attention, than I did in their home. So, when I created Sandra Myer, I placed within her the qualities of two of my dearest friends…Mary and Martha.”
Sis. Myer,
She reminds me of two of my dearest friends who were “sisters”. Any time I was in the town in which they lived I would stop by their house, because I felt welcomed. I was served the best of meals and my every need was attended to. I also enjoyed the times of “visiting” with friends and loved ones as we would gather. Never have I been given more undivided attention, than I did in their home. So, when I created Sandra Myer, I placed within her the qualities of two of my dearest friends…Mary and Martha.”
Sis. Myer,
When you walk into a room, no matter where you’re at, you bring a beautiful presence of one who knows Jesus. You have shown all of us the way to “live life” and how to fall in love with Him over and over again…even when He doesn’t give us what we want. You are a true “woman of God”! There have been times in life when I was overwhelmed, and the clouds covered the sun. Your smile and laughter brought the warm rays of “sunshine” streaming back into my world. The warmth of your love is felt in your home as you “serve” others – whether it’s a cup of coffee, a glass of iced tea, an iced cold Diet Coke, or a 5 course meal prepared by your own hands. It’s all wonderful, because you have a heart full of “true hospitality”.
For those who have surrounded you in life – your husband, sons, your family, your church family, and friends – if it were possible, you would “move heaven and earth” to make sure they’re every “need” is met. For 35 years you have served these beautiful people of Abundant Life Sanctuary– loved them, and given them sunshine! Keep smiling! Keep laughing! Keep loving your God, and they will follow you through the gates of Heaven.
Thank you for loving me and being my friend…Your devotion to HIM, and passion for life has touched mine!
I love you!
I love you!
2 comments:
I didn't know Wendell & Bro. Myer went so far back!
Wow! What a tribute to Sis. Myer! I must say that I agree. She is a beautiful example of Christ.
You learn "something new" everyday! I'm glad I could add to your knowledge. :)
Post a Comment