Sunday, March 16, 2008

Visit to Jackson, TN

We have had a wonderful time with the Lance's this weekend. They are very hospitable and have done everything to make us comfortable. Of course, they are like family to us and treat us special. Natalia and Nevaeh are cute little dolls, and Naylon is growing like a weed. What a sweetheart he is. You never hear anything out of him unless he's hungry. He is real easy-going! We had a great time in service with them on Thursday night and today. They are having services in one of the Assembly of God churches since their church was destroyed in the recent tornado. The church is pulling together and seeing great things in their future. We are looking forward to what the future holds for the church family in Jackson. It was also nice visiting with Ron and Debbie Alomar. They are enjoying living here and love being close to family. They love the church and are making a lot of new friends. God loves blessing us as His children and I'm glad He allowed the Alomars to move here to be close to at least one of their daughters and one set of grandchildren. Of course, Donald and Bridget love having "Dad and Mom" close by. Here are a few pictures of our time spent in Jackson, TN. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Karla said...

Ahh! The kids are getting sooo big! I'm glad y'all had a good time.

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

Bro Lance preached one of our youth conferences. The young people all loved him. I must say I enjoyed him as well. I am by no means a young person anymore, but I still like to be involved with them.
Glad you got to enjoy your visit and I hope you are feeling better then when you visited with your son.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Elms, I don't know if you read my post on "My Grandson, My Responsibility" but I shared with my grandson about what happened to Bro Lance's Church and how God came down and protected everyone that day. I took him over to your site and showed him the pictures and so forth. His little 6 year old mind was so amazed at how God surrounded that closet and held it up as the rest of the church came down that day. I showed him the pictures up put up on this post as well and was startled when he said, "Grandma, if Jesus didn't protect them that day in the closet, then they wouldn't be here now for those pictures would they?"

It brought tears to my eyes and I held him so tight to my heart and said "That's right Caleb, but He did protect them and for that we are thankful."

It made me realize that he understands more than I give him credit for.

Kevin Hopper said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Linda Elms said...

Yes, Karla they are growing up! They are sweethearts!

Sis. Holmes, it's a small world, isn't it?

Jolene, what a sweet story. Your grandson must be "something else"! I know you enjoy him.

Kevin, we did have a nice time. Thanks for stopping by!

Cheri said...

Sis Elms, thank you so much for sharing the pictures of the Lances' they are very special people, they held a revival with us before their first daughter was born, what an awesome GOD we serve, my niece did a current event with the pictures and the story that you shared with us, at school, and she told how GOD protected the Lances and their families. God Bless, glad that you had a great time, Love you