IT'S "CELEBRATON TIME"!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
HE IS RISEN!
A thought just went flashing across my mind about the women who went to the tomb to anoint the body of Jesus. I am sure they were wondering how they were going to get into the tomb where He lay. Can you imagine the feeling they had when they saw the stone was rolled away? Talk about being confused! I know I would have been asking all kinds of questions if I would have been there. Just put yourself in their "sandals". They were people just like us! If I would have been there I know I would have been a little uncertain about walking into the tomb where a dead person was. But, after I got there, and saw the stone rolled away, after my "moment of uncertainty" I would have been the FIRST one to start asking questions. "WHERE IS THE STONE"? "Did someone forget to seal the tomb?" "Did someone come and and take Him!" "Do you think He is in there?" These questions would have flashed by quickly, and when "that man" by the tomb spoke.....well.....that would have almost been the end of me! I know me, and I know how I react when I'm startled......"OH JESUS!" This is my first reaction when I'm scared. "OH JESUS!" I feel a laugh coming on right now just thinking about how I would have reacted. The Lord knows He would have to appear to me in a "subtle way" for me to be able to "respond" correctly. Maybe I would have been His first miracle after He was resurrected, because He would have had to bring me back to life! :) I know those ladies are "Bible characters", but does that make them different than us? I don't think so! So much of the time, we do not stop and think about them being "real people". Even though I would have been uncertain, scared a little, questioning a lot, I still would have loved being there when they saw the stone was moved, and when the angel spoke to them and told them that "He is not here! He is risen!!" Can you feel the way they may have felt. Or better yet, "feel the way YOU would have felt" if you had been there! I know for me, I would be running as fast as I could to let everyone know that "JESUS IS ALIVE! HE LIVES! HE'S ALIVE!" The first person that said I was just "imagining things or you're overcome with grief and you're not thinking straight" would be told real fast...."Well, you go and look for yourself! You'll see that I'm telling the truth!" The TRUTH is.....the FACT is......JESUS LIVES! HE IS ALIVE.....TODAY......HE LIVES! Now, that is exciting news!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
He is alive! I am so glad!
Incredible post! I like your spin on the way the crowd must have felt. You are right too often we fail to view them has having "natural" feelings.
Wonderful post, Sis. Elms!! I'm so glad I'm a child of the risen Savior!!! By the way....I'm no longer anonymous because I've joined the blogging group.
Anonymous, thank you. I'm gald you enjoyed this post. But, I still do not know WHO you are! LOL! Maybe you could write back and leave your "blog address", or at least your name. :) I will be waiting to hear back from you.
Sis. Smith, thank you!
Yes, Sis. Elms, Sunday services were awesome and I'm ever so thankful to know this truth and have the oppurtunity to feel God the way we did on Sunday.
It's me...Janet Anglin. My blog address is jsanglin.blogspot.com. I don't know what happened, but when I tried to respond to your blog, I signed in with my username and password, but it said the password was wrong. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong!!
Post a Comment