WOW! My mind was instantly thrown back into my "girlhood days" in Bloomington, CA when Leah's grandmother, Sis. Anderson pastored the church (now the "Rialto church"). Leah's mother, Jean, was best friends with my mother when they were all growing up in the "Bloomigton Church"! There is a lot of history in our families, and I could not even start to write all about it, but I had a wonderful time visiting with Leah today. I guess you could say, "we were catching up on the last 42 years! Leah was 13 when her folks left California, I was 12. I have wondered about her and her family through the years, but never had the chance to see her. I'm glad I was thrown back in time today. It's so much fun being the age I am. I have a lot of past behind me with wonderful memories, but I also have a lot of dreams for the future. God has been good to me....I can't complain!
Friday, March 14, 2008
Surprised Again
The "Magic Time Machine" was at work again today! After a nice lunch with our husbands, Bridget and I were driving through a parking lot on our way to a boutique when a lady walked out of a store. When Bridget saw her she said, "That lady is Bro. Wilson's cousin." Since I've known Nate Wilson all my life, my mind started clicking as fast as it could, and I asked her the ladies name. She said, "Leah". Well, the only Leah I knew that would be related to Bro. Wilson was "Leah Johns". So, I said, "I'm going to go see if this is the Leah I know." I walked through the door and when I did she greeted me with a smile, and I said with a question in my voice, "Leah?" She then looked at me and answered, "Yes?" Now, she was the one wondering WHO I was. So I proceeded..."Leah.....Jean's daughter?" Now, she was really wondering. :) I said, "I'm Linda Elms...LAYNE"! She was SHOCKED! LOL! We couldn't get to each other fast enough!!!!
WOW! My mind was instantly thrown back into my "girlhood days" in Bloomington, CA when Leah's grandmother, Sis. Anderson pastored the church (now the "Rialto church"). Leah's mother, Jean, was best friends with my mother when they were all growing up in the "Bloomigton Church"! There is a lot of history in our families, and I could not even start to write all about it, but I had a wonderful time visiting with Leah today. I guess you could say, "we were catching up on the last 42 years! Leah was 13 when her folks left California, I was 12. I have wondered about her and her family through the years, but never had the chance to see her. I'm glad I was thrown back in time today. It's so much fun being the age I am. I have a lot of past behind me with wonderful memories, but I also have a lot of dreams for the future. God has been good to me....I can't complain!
WOW! My mind was instantly thrown back into my "girlhood days" in Bloomington, CA when Leah's grandmother, Sis. Anderson pastored the church (now the "Rialto church"). Leah's mother, Jean, was best friends with my mother when they were all growing up in the "Bloomigton Church"! There is a lot of history in our families, and I could not even start to write all about it, but I had a wonderful time visiting with Leah today. I guess you could say, "we were catching up on the last 42 years! Leah was 13 when her folks left California, I was 12. I have wondered about her and her family through the years, but never had the chance to see her. I'm glad I was thrown back in time today. It's so much fun being the age I am. I have a lot of past behind me with wonderful memories, but I also have a lot of dreams for the future. God has been good to me....I can't complain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
unbelievable!!
Wow, what a small world.
Leah has that big beautiful Anderson smile. I can't believe you saw her. That is great. We kind of got caught up with all the family stuff when Aunt Jean (Leah's mother) came out for Dottie and Billy Joe's 50th wedding anniversary. It was fun.
That is really neat!! A blast from the past! I love how God works bringing you both in contact like that!!
Oh my goodness Linda. I can't believe it. I got a phone call from Sherry Allen telling me to get on your blog and to tell me who you ran into. I was shocked to see both of my cousins (you from my dad's side, and Leah from my mom's side). I haven't seen Leah for years and wouldn't have even known her. What a small world we live in. I did a cut and paste and sent it on to Nathaniel (Nate Wilson), another cousin. This is unbelievable! By the way, did you know that Leah's folks (L.J. and Jean) use to pastor in Jackson Tennessee? I guess that explains why Leah lives there.
Much love - Joanie
Yes, it was a lot of fun running into an "old friend". Leah was also in church with me on Sunday afternoon. She enjoyed it very much, and we enjoyed being together again. I also talked to Jean on the phone, because she had told Leah to have me call her so she could talk to me. She told me how much she loved Ronda. :)
Joanie, I figured this post would get your attention! LOL! I'm glad you wrote. In answer to your question about Jackson, "YES" I knew that is where L.J. and Jean pastored at one time. I was so shocked to see Leah. You can only imagine. It's a good thing no one was in her store when I walked in. LOL! It was fun! Write again sometime! Love you!
I am bad about this computer stuff. It just takes up too much of my time, but when Sherry Allen (Ashlock) called, I just had to see who it was as I knew it would be some relative. I am glad I did. I printed it out so mom could read the story too. Plus I read it to Aunt Tiny on the phone. So see, your blog goes even to those who don't get on a computer. Love ya gobs! Joanie
Post a Comment