Tonight was Family Prayer and it was wonderful! It was like God was sitting in the prayer room just waiting for us to arrive! Through prayer and fasting comes power and answers. I'm so thankful for this time of prayer, and unity with our organization. It is bringing us closer to God and to each other. It is so fulfilling to know there are thousands of people all over the world who are praying together to see a mighty out-pouring of the Holy Ghost in our churches and cities. I've heard some great things that are happening and I'm so excited about what God is doing in these last days!
I am also thankful for the preacher's who have been declaring a "sure sound" in their messages to the Church! I know my husband and our son, Andrew has been preaching some incredible soul-searching messages here in our church. Also, I've heard about our son, Jonathan preaching about holiness and separation. I am thankful we have younger men who are taking up the baton and are running this race! I've been reading others who are "holding onto the old paths" and my heart is warmed when I hear what is being preached.
I am not about to give up those things which I have been taught all of my life, for a little of this world! There is not one thing this world has to offer that holds any attraction for me. I feel more and more like a stranger here. I'm really glad I don't "fit in". God has always had a separated people and I'm so thankful for the Truth that has set us free from the grips of sin! We have a "treasure" that we must protect. We have young ones coming up around us who are watching us for "clear direction". Let's keep walking down the "straight path" and not veer to the left or to the right. Let's make sure our footprints on the path of "holiness and separation" are not covered by the mud of this world. Let's keep walking down the "old paths". We must clear away anything that would cover the ancient landmarks that give us clear direction. We are on the home stretch. The finish line is just ahead! I love this OLD TIME RELIGION....it's good enough for me! (by the way...we sung that last night...and everyone loved it!)
I hope anyone reading this can feel my "heart" and not just read my words. The main thing is "making sure our hearts are right with God". There's a lot of voices calling for our attention, but we must not give into the voices that are calling from a distance. There's also a "still small voice" that is saying, "Draw closer! Draw closer! Don't leave me out! I want to be near you!" Can you hear Him? Are you living close to Him? I don't know why I feel so strong to write this tonight, but someone who reads this just might hear Him talking. Don't push Him away! He wants to be near you, to make your life "right" again. I may not know who you are or what you're going through, but HE knows who you are, and He still loves you! My prayer is that every backslider will come back "home"! He's waiting with open arms and....we are too! I love you and will continue to pray for your "safe journey home".
18 comments:
Sis. Elms,
I stopped by your blog at the suggestion of Sis. Guidroz and am so glad I did... You have a beautiful blog site and I will be visiting often, I'm sure :)
Kindly,
Jaime G
Thanks for that post. I love to read encouraging things and this post is the cry of all of our hearts, to be close to Him and have His righteousness and holiness dwelling within us.
Our services on sunday were nothing short of a divine move of the Holy Ghost! There is no other way to explain it.
What an inspiring post. But it is more than that, it is the cry from the heart that reaches out and assures us that we are not alone in our thinking - that there are many who feel the same and whose desire is to be ready for what God has for us here on earth and to be ready for His glorious coming.
Amen! and Amen! I love this truth. I am also thankful for the moving of the Holy Ghost during this time of Prayer and Fasting. God is so good to us.
Thanks for this post Sister Elms! The Holy Ghost was all over when I was reading it, it was very inspiring!
Great post. I am too one of those young preachers that feel like our Christian Heritage is sacred and should not be messed with. My grandfather Pastor Marvin Tredway stood for this Gospel for 50 years. He put his blood, sweat and tears into this apostolic message and I refuse to let the enemy take it away. It is time that we stand up for the truth. His Truth is Still Marching On!
AMEN!!!!!! Written with passion and anointing, I agree wholeheartedly with this post. Love you!
Thank you, Jaime for stopping by. I hope to hear from you often. Sis. Guidroz is a wonderful friend to me!
Sis. Holmes, it's good hearing from you. So glad you had an outpouring of the Holy Ghost! I understand what you're talking about.
Sis. Hopper, it's always great to know that others are "on the same page"!
Ronda, He is GOOD to all of us! I know you love Truth like I do! We are so blessed to have been raised by parents who taught us Truth!
Michelle, thank you. You're so sweet! Love you!
Josh and Candace, I think I remember your grandfather. I wish I could see a picture of him from when I lived in California which would have been from the time I was born until the early 70's. If I don't stop I'll give my age away! LOL! Maybe someday I'll get to meet you. Preach truth strong and sure, with passion and love! I'm thankful for the young men who are standing for righteousness. God bless you!
Carla, love you, too! I wouldn't expect you to believe it any different. You're wonderful!
Such an awesome post! In this day and time we all need to sound the trumpet for truth, in everything we do and say! Let it be a certain sound through a call to prayer and fasting and then reaching the lost!
Sis. Elms,
You probably remember my grandfather and grandmother, Marvin and Lucille Tredway. He spoke about your father Bro. Murry Lane a lot. He would tell me stories about when he pastored the Fresno church. My grandfather pastored the church here in Strathmore, about an hour from Fresno, for 40 years or so. My father pastors the church now. I will try to post a picture of him. I am sure you will remember him. He was a great man. A true pillar of faith.
Yes, I do remember him!! I was thinking he pastored close by. It's just been so long since I was part of the Western District, Section 5. I believe that was our section when we lived in Fresno. WOW! Life is definitely a big circle, isn't it? I find the world getting smaller all the time! I'm so glad you made the connection. Have a blessed day!
Kevin, Thank you again. We must "keep the faith once delivered to the saints". How blessed we are to know how to be saved...ready to meet our King! Blessings to you and yours!
Yes, your heart comes thru! Because you wrote it with your heart.
"Remove not the old landmarks" - our elders paved the way for us - with blood sweat and tears. Precious heritage. We are indebted to this generation to give a clear sound. Thank you.
Wonderful post, Linda. Thanks.
Great post! Nothing like the old time truth that is relevant to us today! Nothing like the awesome moves of God that seem to be happening every where!
Catherine, Jana, and Debbie, Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from those who love Truth with all their hearts!
Beutiful post. I could feel your passion as I read your words. Thank you!
Rochelle, thank you! It's good to hear from you, again. Have a wonderful day!
Post a Comment